Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
traceyvee
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

infinity 1 capped at 19mb?

Hi there.

my mother in law recently upgraded to bt infinity 1 unlimited and the speed has been horrible.

i have myself had phone conversations with bt who have been little to no help at all and we are at the point now were we most probably will be canceling as we are still in the cancellation time period.

we have checked the wifi like asked and it runs at around 17mb down and 4mb up but i have checked the hub via Ethernet and the sync speed has never gone over 19mb downstream and 4mb upstream meaning no matter what wifi settings we change we would never get more than that and this seems rather slow for what should be a fibre service.

we were told via email that the speed expected should be guaranteed no less than 32mb but mostly around 40 and the max to hope for is 52mb.

we are no were near this and technical assistance via phone have said that the line is fine and we should be getting faster as its being sent.

so they suggested there may be a problem with our socket at home but want £120 to fix any issue,ha no chance especially as its bt's equipment and we have been sold a service on false information.

i have checked the master socket myself and will post pictures here as it seems not many wires are connected the the box (2) and 2 not connected and i am used to around 5 or 6 when doing network cables so if anyone can shed some light on if the socket looks dodgy please do.

is there a way for bt to attend the property to fix any issues without charge as my mother in law is quite happy to cancel at this stage and go with sky broadband and tv.

cheers

mikeIMG_5388.JPGIMG_5391.JPGIMG_5393.JPG

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: infinity 1 capped at 19mb?

Welcome to this user forum.

The master socket looks correct, as there are only two wires coming in from outside.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Or post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

Then it should be possible to see if there is a possible fault condition.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Wiring looks absolutely fine. Phones and broadband operate on 2 wires.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a Homehub 5 can you post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

or

If you have the Smart Hub, (Homehub 6) can you go to hub manager then advanced then technical log and post the stats. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
traceyvee
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Im not currently at my in laws house so unable to give you a hub readout but i have ran the bt checker and here is a screenshot of the data.

thanks

mikebt check.jpg

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

The in-laws should be getting better speed than they are. If you can post the hub stats and speedtest when you get a chance we might be able to see what is happening.

0 Ratings
traceyvee
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

i shall have it posted as soon as possible.

many thanks

mike

0 Ratings
traceyvee
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Heres the advanced system details plus screenshots of the tests you asked for,thanks again for your input and any info would be great thanks.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ63449122

Firmware version:

SG4B10002244

Firmware updated:

09-Dec-2016

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

1 Days, 3 Hours 13 Minutes 24 Seconds

Data rate:

4.05 kbps / 19.64 kbps

Maximum data rate:

4144 / 23615

Noise margin:

6.8 / 5.8

Line attenuation:

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

328 MB Uploaded / 204 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-RGXP

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-RGXP

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Band steering:

Off

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

88:A6:C6:1F:E8:91

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

diagnostics.jpgspeedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

You are connecting at well below the Range A lower limit, you need an engineer visit. The £129 charge only applies if the fault is in your internal wiring. As you have no internal wiring the fault must be external. It is possible you have aluminium cable feeding your property, in which case it may not be possible to improve the speed.

traceyvee
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

cheers pal great help, we have an engineer called out for Monday so will show him this feedback and data and hopefully take it from there.

once again thanks for your input.

mike

0 Ratings