cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cobra7
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

infinity 1 slow

Hi guys as you know i recently posted my download speed had dropped from 36mb to 31mb  i had 0ver 9 months of 36mb download then 2 week ago my noise margin jumped up to 10 and since then my speed has stayed at 31mb...i decided yesterday to renew my broadband contract..i woke up this

5. DSL uptime:0 days, 13:11:34
6. Data rate:8725 / 33585
7. Maximum data rate:8725 / 42285
8. Noise margin:5.9 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation:26.8 / 23.6
10. Signal attenuation:27.0 / 21.2

morning and this is my new stats..does it look like my line has been reset ? and also now my noise margin is 6db is there a chance my speed might go back up ? im still downloading at 31mb

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
cobra7
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: infinity 1 advice

any advice would be appreciated

0 Ratings
cobra7
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Re: infinity 1 advice

any advice guys ? imjolly any advice please ? 

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Re: infinity 1 slow

What results do you get for your telephone number when using this checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com ?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
cobra7
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Hi dsl checker says max 40 min 29   its been 36 hours since i renewed my contract..still only 31 mb download...

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Renewing the contract won't change a thing.

It could be down to crosstalk. You're within the estimated connection rate for your line so unlikely BT will investigate.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings