cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: infinity 2 - Question about speed

Wireless is your own problem, 802.11n is much faster then b.
There isn't a bottleneck in BT's network, it's probably more an issue with speedtest.net servers being throttled. Try some other locations and www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk
0 Ratings
vertuas
Message 12 of 14

Thanks for the suggestion.  Here are some result for other servers :

milton keynes   39.12 / 11.88

london, namesco  41.36 / 6.34

london, virtual internet  42.14 / 15.69

conventry, warwicknet 42.16 / 16.02

Whilst slightly better these are still not even close to the BT results.

I got 22.15 / 15.83 with speedtest mini on out webserve, based by Memset in Reading.

Thanks

0 Ratings
vertuas
Message 13 of 14

Wireless is only a problem when I'm not on a wired connection, with wireless turned off.  I previously posted about the wifi issue after BT tech support and 2 vists from Openreach engineers could not fugure out why our speed was limited to a maximum of 23 meg!

You would think that Openreach engineers would could across that issue often!!!! I finally fingered out that issue myself!

Thanks for the other speed test i get 52268k / 14429k, so thats an improvement!

0 Ratings
Goooner
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

I've had strange results from Speedtest.net ever since I had Infinity installed about 10 days ago.

The BT checker says I'm getting aroung 85-95mb down (FTTP) and about 8-10mb up (up seems low, but not really bothered about that) but speedtest, apart from the very first day, has only ever given me 25-40mb down and 8-11 down, whichever server I use.

I've posted the BT results here and the consensus is that my stats and IP profile all look as the should.

0 Ratings