cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

infinity 2 slower speeds than sky fibre max, please help

hi, i have infinity 2 for 14 days now, i was with sky fibre max getting a sync speed of around 53mb download. on infinity 2 my sync speed is coming in at around 45 mb. i see my max data rate is 54mb (its always changing, which i think is normal) but the sync speed is 45mb. i have had a steady line no drops i did restart the router to see if the sync speed would improve but it didnt, in the 2 weeks i have only restarted the router twice.also if i was give a estimate of 48 -63 mb why is the acceptable range 40mb to 44.39mb and a ip profile of 44.39mb. all my stats are below and was wondering if someone could help me figure out whats up with the connection, am i being capped or something, thanks

Product name:
BT Hub 6A
Serial number:
———————
Firmware version:
SG4B1000B316
Firmware updated:
01-Oct-2017
Board version:
Gui version:
DSL uptime:
0 Days, 1 Hours 9 Minutes 52 Seconds
Data rate:
14.95 Mbps / 45.86 Mbps
Maximum data rate:
15025 / 54057
Noise margin:
6.1 dB / 6.3 dB
Line attenuation:
19.1 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI:
0/38
Modulation:
G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:
Fast Path
Data sent / received:
11 MB Uploaded / 108 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:
bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:
Not active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:
Toast2ghz
2.4 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 1)
5 GHz wireless network name:
Toast5ghz-5
5 GHz wireless channel:
Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security:
WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:
Mode 1
Firewall:
On
MAC address:
——————
Software variant:
-
Boot loader:

1.jpgD05DB07F-BA92-48A6-A6FF-2F0F7B1E0128.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: infinity 2 slower speeds than sky fibre max, please help

with a max speed of 54mb I would first go back to BT and drop to infinity 1 as you cannot get more than infinity 1 max  now Bt are changing infinity 1 to 80mb then you will same money  the increase in speed is free to infinity 1 users

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

when are they changing infinity 1 to 80 mb ? i got infinity 2 as i was given a estimate of 48 - 63 mb download, i did enquire about downgrading but it would require a new 24 month contract and im currently on a 12 month one. do you see anything wrong about my stats that could causing my sync speed to be 45mb 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

as both sky and Bt use the same openreach connection then the only change was the DD payee everything else apart fron router should be same

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Speed-jump/td-p/1780180

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.