cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 32

Re: infinity 2 speed drops to appx 12Mbps during the evening

Just done another speed test and noticed that like the others I only ever get around 7-10meg upload, but can always get max download speed during off peak. Until I was doing the tests above I didn't even realise that the upload was meant to be 20meg, I thought it was 10 or 12 for some reason. 

I wonder why I can get great download speeds but only roughly half upload? Are those figures above ok in general? Still not convinced the engineer will find a fault. Even did a clean line test and it's silent. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 32

You upload is an up to 20mb not fixed at that there is nothing really that wrong
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 32

So in all likelyhood I'm probably right about over subscription, in which case there is nothing they can do. If that is the case then I hope hey release me from my contract early, as 0.05meg of an evening is pretty disgusting.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 32

You need to post speedtests when your speed is low (particularly the further diagnostic test ) then we can get the forum mods involved and further investigations carried out on the network

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 32

I would also suggest you try and check with your neighbours to see if they are getting same experience.  even if not with BT they can complain to their ISP which will feedback to wholesale.  more complaining the better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 16 of 32

Did anyone ask him/her if they are using wireless or lan cable to router during these tests as I can't see the end-user specifying how they connect to the modem/router.

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 32

I usually use wireless on my laptop and wired to my PS4 and Xbox One. The consoles are what I use Amazon Video and Netflix on and am having all the trouble streaming with because of low speeds.

But while doing the speed tests etc I used wired to my laptop. Though in all honesty I had until recently had no problems getting full download speeds wireless or wired.

Having gone through all sorts of speed issues with Virgin in the past I know to always connect wired when having problems and running tests 🙂

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 32

Soooo, the engineer came this afternoon. Or rather, an engineer parked outside my flat and for 1 1/2 hours smoked cigs and drank bottled water. then drove off.

Apparently he put on his job sheet that he called here and phoned me twice. He did no such thing! Very odd.

Did some speed tests during the day and sure enough full speed all day long. Went to play something on Netflix at 8pm....wouldn't stream. Did speed tests again....less than 3meg download speed and 100ms ping times.

Can't see what they can do to fix this really. It's clear that as soon as peak time hits, the infracstructure seems to die on its backside. Disappointed to say the least as for the first 10-12 months it was amazing.

0 Ratings
pearse67
Beginner
Message 19 of 32

Hi I just joined the forum to report exactly the same issue.

I have infinity 2 and have had it for almost 3 years now, I've always raved about the performance but more and more it is dropping in the evenings.

I have screen shots of speediest, dslchecks etc. Should I post them here or open another thread?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 32

@V pearse67

Please start your own thread