Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitch84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

infinity and master socket location?

hi

I need a new bt phone line to be able to get Infinity at my address , I would like to know if it is possible to have the master socket installed where I would like it or do BT install it at the easist place to suit them?

Basically I have VM at present which does not use the bt phone line  , now my old bt phone wiring I think is star wiring.

The old BT phone line has been cut at the junction box which is located in my fuse/metre box above the front door and VM have connected there line to this and then all the other wires come out of this little white box which I guess are the other phone exstensions around the house.

cheers

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: infinity and master socket location?

Hi mitch84,

If you need your phone line activated first the engineer should be able to activate a master socket where you prefer if you ask him. Have you placed an order yet? If you need us to look into this further send us your details via our web form, you can find it by clicking on my username (under "About me").

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: infinity and master socket location?

@mitch84 wrote:

hi

I need a new bt phone line to be able to get Infinity at my address , I would like to know if it is possible to have the master socket installed where I would like it or do BT install it at the easist place to suit them?

Basically I have VM at present which does not use the bt phone line  , now my old bt phone wiring I think is star wiring.

The old BT phone line has been cut at the junction box which is located in my fuse/metre box above the front door and VM have connected there line to this and then all the other wires come out of this little white box which I guess are the other phone exstensions around the house.

cheers

Hi

Members of the forum did give you quite extensive answers on your other post.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings