Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

infinity availabilty?

hello

Would like to get infinity , have Virgin Media package at present , we had a BT sales phone call yesterday but they said Infinity was not available in our area yet.

Online checker fails to show our address but what I find strange is that all the houses in my street can get infinity?

Was the sales person just doing the same thing and looking up our address on the online checker and coming to the conclusion that infinity is not available in the area when it clearly is?

Im not sure why my house number does not show , I guess it could be because we have been with VM/NTL for years.

The sales person did state we would need a new bt line installed though.

Is it a case of we cant get infinity or that a bt engineer needs to investigate and maybe upgrade something at my house?

many thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: infinity availabilty?

If both of your neigbors  both sides of you can get, you should be able to get it. 

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

cheers , well we rang again today at first the sales person was not sure until he checked another system and says we can get it but they dont seem to have a clue and its not very reasuring when we want to switch form vm to bt.

We want to be sure we can get Infinity before we cancel vm and get BT.

Like you say if next door can get it Infinity , I cant see why we can't?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Correct you must have an active BT line before infinity can be installed
0 Ratings