Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K00LIE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

infinity upgrade

hey guy could someone help!

upgraded from infinity 1 to infinity 2 on the 21st july it shows on my bt that im on infinity 2 but my hub is still syncing at infinity 1 speeds i know i can get infinity 2 had it before and was getting 70mb!been on to bt call centre and had engineer out but no change he said it would take 10 days for speed to increase a load of s--t

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: infinity upgrade

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
K00LIE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

how to upload screen shot on this site!
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Click on the icon that looks like a mountain

0 Ratings
K00LIE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

IMG_0921[1].PNGIMG_0922[1].PNG

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Can you post the speed test diagnostics so we can see your up profile.

0 Ratings
K00LIE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

rsz_img_0923[1].jpg

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

You are definitely on Infinity 2 as can be seen by your Up IP profile being 20Mbps.

Your hub stats are showing that you are getting the max for Infinity 1 and there is nothing to suggest that you will get any better than that even although your estimate shows you should get between 59Mbps and 78Mbps.

Going by your up time you have already carried out a hub reset but if not try ONE reset to see if it changes anything.  

0 Ratings
K00LIE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

yes but had infinity 2 and was getting 70mb that's a fair drop if that's the case!
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

You should be getting more according to your estimate and if your previous speeds are anything to go by but according to your hub you are getting the max for that line.

It may be that the software cap is still on your line but your hub stats should have shown higher in your max attainable stats.

You should contact BT and make a complaint that your speed is below estimate and that you want the problem investigated by an engineer.

0 Ratings