cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

intermittent broadband and shocking bt service

Would be very grateful of some proper help, with BT actually doing something....please.

My parents have broadband which, in the last few months has been an intermittent service with the hub regularly flashing orange. I contacted BT on the afternoon of April the 1st and was promised a replacement hub to see if that made any difference. It didn't arrive that following week, so I contacted them again...an apology and  a promise that it would be with them the following day. No sign.  Calls have been made, the line has been 'flushed' and worked for a short while, although this may be a coincidence. There is still no sign of the new hub that was promised, and there are still ongoing issues with the service despite messages on chat, and regular calls. I have put on my hub on their line (which works fine) and they are still having issues.  For the amount of money they pay, they should get a working service, or at the very least a company that appears to try and fix issues when they occur. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: intermittent broadband and shocking bt service

@babs2961 I'm really sorry about this, if your working hub still experiences issues it's unlikely to be an issue with their router.

Can you post their router stats and we'll take a look? I'd also recommend the quiet line test as any noise on the line can cause broadband disconnections. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I'll have a look at that when next there and post what I find . Line is frankly on the phone...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Crackly....Not frankly!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 8

If you have a noisy phone line it needs reporting on 151.  Do not mention broadband, just noise on phone line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Information for Helpdesk agents
When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request

1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076286+1519005212
3. Firmware version: v0.07.07.03230-BT (Type B) Last updated 23/4/2018
4. Board version: 01
5. ADSL uptime: 0 days, 06:09:13
6. Bandwidth: 446 / 288
7. Data sent/received: 3.9 MB / 4.1 MB
8. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
9. BT Wi-fi: Yes
10. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-K6GJ
11. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
12. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
13. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
14. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-K6GJ
15. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
16. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. Firewall: Default
19. MAC Address: 5c:dc:96:48:be:48
20. VPI/VCI: 0/38
21. Modulation: G.992.5(ADSL2+)
22. Latency type: Interleaved
23. Software variant: -
24. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Due to all the disconnections/resets you are in a banded profile hence the very low speed and nothing you do makes any difference. Until you get the noisy line repaired your are not going to make any improvement in your conenction speed. So need to phone 151 and get engineer visit - probably after you have done quiet line test from test socket to make sure problem is not on your side of test socket to avoid being charged for visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Eventually after many calls an engineer came last week. Tested lines,replaced sockets. Was at the house 6hrs. Internet came back on. He signed off the job and as he was walking out the door the internet went off again. He said to ring again and arrange another visit. Have rung 3 times, been given the run around despite the notes about the on going issue. Got through on live chat. Promised an engineer the next day....which wasn't an engineer..it was a call to arrange an engineer to call. Another 3 days to wait until an engineer calls despite everything that has already happened. Parents have had enough of a frankly horrendous customer service/ lack of common sense of being able to look at what's gone before and move it forward.
0 Ratings