cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delboy12mk
Message 1 of 2

internet keeps dropping out

Hi all

I have been having problems with my broadband dropping out & very slow now for months!!!

after many hours on the phone all BT will do is let me out of my contract so i can go to another provider.

all i was wanting was BT to admit they can not provide the service they are advitising & give me the same deal as new customers.

I do not want to leave BT as this would caulse me hassel, all i ask is for their customers to be charged for the service they recieve.

Derek

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: internet keeps dropping out

welcome to the forum

maybe if you gave some information someone on the forum may be able to help improve your broadband connection. please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results .

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings