cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
username
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: internet keeps dropping

The saga continues. Had a visit from the pole guy to see about getting the new pole erected, I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this will actually be done (bet I'm not at home when it happens), so that's good news, that and my internet is not dropping as much as it has been but the speed is still not acceptable.

Now for the bad. BT customer care/support was on the phone, which is pretty useless anyway we thought they were phoning to say when the new pole was being erected. I mean nothing else can happen till that has happened. So the guy on the phone who spoke the worst English possible, which along with the bad phone line was next to impossible to hear and understand, but anyway I managed to get that someone was coming on the 3rd of September, we naturally thought it was to erect the new pole, understandable yeah. So I get an email from BT customer care to let me know, an Engineer is coming to check my network on the 3rd of September. WTF are these guys on. It's simple replace old pole with new pole, replace damaged cable with new cable once the old pole has been replaced. Check phone to make sure it is working okay if not then send out an engineer. how hard is it to understand, phone pole broken, dangerous to work on broken pole, pole may collapse and kill someone if someone climbs the broken pole.

It wouldn't be so bad but once again the email is threatening me with £129.99 bill if the engineer finds something wrong with my internal phone line, we know it's not my phone line, we don't need an engineer to come around and tell me that again. We've had 2 visits and 2 phone calls all from Engineers who know it has nothing to do with my phone lines, why can't BT and BT customer care realise that, and stop trying to send engineers to my house and stop threatening my with a fictitious bill that I will never get, as it is not my internal phone line that's at fault.

The Engineers have been great, the pole guy was great but BT customer care is abysmally atrocious right to the point of being 100% total incompetence. They have no idea on the English language, they may be able to speak it a little but they do not understand the meaning of the words. They have not got a clue about the legalities of Brittan or the British culture. They seem to be able to do only a few things, send out an engineer whether they are needed or not, read from a computer screen and get customers to do things they do not need to do, just because it says they have to do it on the computer screen (even if they have done it before) and threaten people with bills for £129.99. Anything else comes up and they are useless.

Not impressed, not impressed at all.

0 Ratings
username
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

What can I say the issue has not yet been resolved.

Had another heated chat with BT customer care, who don't know what they are doing, wanted to send another engineer out, there was supposed to be one yesterday, never turned up. She even told me that she hadn’t said she was for arranging for another engineer when I once again explained to her the pointlessness of sending an engineer out then she said she would send an external engineer out to check the line, so once again I’m left telling her how pointless that would be, again. She even accused me of using profanity, which I have never used once, this was just because I called them idiots, the truth always hurts. So once again they know the words, just no clue what the meaning of those words are.

We have had 2 engineers out looking at the pole, the first condemned the pole saying it's defective, you know it's now got a red square metal plate with a capital D on it to say so. The second came and measured it up for its replacement, even told me it would probably be replace last week, but he wasn’t promising anything, just wanted to give me some false hope.

Asked about the pole replacement to the so called BT customer care, they didn't know anything about it, they phoned BT openreach who BT customer care said knew nothing about the pole, its replacement or when it was going to get replaced. So they decided to send an engineer out to check the pole again.

I demanded that they find out what is happening with the pole, but they were incapable of doing so, saying there is no record of any problem with the pole, so what were these two engineers from openreach actually doing. I am getting very agitated, stressed and upset over all of this as BT customer care doesn’t seem to care. There is a manager supposedly phoning me tomorrow which to me is no good this should have been sorted by now and not even being able to tell when the pole is going to be replaced is ridiculous

So I have tried to find am email address to send my complaint to preferably one that is not for BT customer care but I couldn't find one went onto the chat to complain and they refused to give me an address to complain about them saying there is no way to complain they even refused to give me a deadlock letter they avoided that issue at all costs which I actually think is illegal. They just kept saying that the chat was the way to complain but how do you send a two to three thousand word complaint over a chat. There is a proper address which I will use but it can take up to two weeks for them to look at it.

They did tell me that they used to have an email address but I like their excuse on why they got rid of it. We got rid of it as too many people were using it and we didn’t always check the mails or they got lost and didn’t get replied to. Sounds just like the whole issue I’ve been having all along.

I’m starting University in a few days’ time, I really need a good internet connection for doing my uni work, but it looks like I’m not going to get it. I was online the other day there trying to matriculate and my internet quit on me. University is stressful enough when you have a reliable internet connection, I am freaking out right now as I don’t know what is going to happen.

You know a few years back I was doing an HNC on computer fundamentals, part of the course was problem solving. Granted it was based on a computer problem, but the fundamentals are the same and what I was taught is not what is happening with me and BT right now. It’s like everything I was taught to do BT is not doing it, and everything I was taught should be done, is not being done. If my issue had been taken care of in a proper and structured manner, it would have been resolved weeks ago.

A few posts back I was asked to send my details to someone, I never did do that as I actually thought the problem was in the process of being resolved. You know the pole was being measured up for a replacement and what not, but now I have no idea what is going on. It's like I was at the end, but now I'm right back at where I started with no end in sight.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

Did you contact NeilO as requested?

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/internet-keeps-dropping/m-p/1524557#M187139

You will need to do that if you want it sorted.

0 Ratings
username
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Yeah I've already done that, spoke to him earlier, but it still doesn't mean that BT's customer care can't still mess me about though.

Here's a good one. You know I spoke to the guy on the web chat and asked about where to complain and what not, turns out I now have a complaint open with them. The thing is he never once asked me what I was actually complaining about, but they are investigating my complaint all the same. Mind you I did say who I was complaining about, BT customer care and who did he work for, BT customer care. So BT customer care are investigating a complaint I made about BT customer care, without any facts on what the complaint is actually all about. I look forward to hearing what the result is on the investigation.

Also the engineers that they keep sending out are pretty good guys, I don't have a problem with them. The one that they sent out today, the one the Bt customer care said they weren't for sending out, then changed their mind and decided to send him out anyway. He was scratching his head trying to figure out why he had been sent out, as the pole hasn't been fixed yet. He did say he was going to chase up the pole guys, but as my old mum said, that's what they have all said.

The good part is my internet had been dropping every few minutes before the engineer arrived, he went away and played around in the green box and I haven't dropped since, though the speed still sucks.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

If the fault in the cabinet has been fixed, then the speed will eventually recover if you leave things alone.

0 Ratings
username
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

So nothing much has changed, while I'm not getting as many disconnections as I was, I'm still getting them and my speeds are still way down.

Last Friday we got another call from BT customer care, it wasn't me who took the call. It was mentioned in the call that we are supposed to be getting a new pole and the BT person kind of went, OH I'll phone you back tomorrow and hung up. The next day arrived and BT customer care phoned back, once again it was not me who took the call, anyway I was told the line was so bad it was pretty hard to hear let alone understand what was being said, but it was picked up that someone was coming on Monday, that's today. It's around 6:30 PM and no one has bothered to turn up or get in touch with us. The BT track a fault page says they hope to solve the problem on September 9th, that's last week, so they have even stopped updating that, not that they really ever updated it in the first place as several of the days that something was supposed to happen have been deleted.

It’s like the film, a never ending story.

Just hope you never have a problem with your phone pole, as BT seem incapable of fixing it, while BT customer care are just incapable.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

If you git an email from the mods try and use that to contact the mods again and see if they can help or at least find out what is happening with your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bluchas99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

I to am pulling out my hair I've had a speed issue for two weeks they've phoned me three time and said it was fixed while I'm looking at a speed test that says its going from 2 meg to 38 and even up to a100 plus I'm fed up with them hanging up on me I to have been on phone 20 times + having to go though the whole problem it's driving me crazy one lady told me the fault was repaired and I said to her oh is that why there's an engineer coming on Monday at which point she red her notes no apology she just we will wait and see what he says and then hung up on me again the lattest one was today phoned up to tell me again it was fixed to which I replied I'm sitting in front of my computer it's doing a speed check automatically and it shows the speed is still going up and down he then said I will send u an email telling u how to Monitor you're speed for next 7 days and send me the results that was at 7pm but still no email it's now 2 am & as for promised we will get someone to phone you lost count of we treated them like they treat us they would be up in arms
0 Ratings
username
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

SO I've been in touch with BT customer care AGAIN and this time the person I spoke to said someone would be around tomorrow to fix the pole, I said yeah I'll believe that when I see it, unfortunately I'm at uni tomorrow so even if they do turn up I won’t be here to see it.
So I thought I would have a look and see what the BT track your fault page now says. Seeing as it was actually still saying that my fault would be fixed by Wed 09 Sep 17:00, yeah that is last Wednesday but now it still says that. but a brand new ticket has been created and what does that one say:

We have run a line test and we cannot find a problem with your line. The problem may be with your own equipment so we need you to carry out some tests. To get help with that click on the 'Help Section' on top right. If you have already checked your equipment and still have a problem then please call 0800 800 151.If you have made an appointment already the details will be shown below. There is no need for you to do anything further

Okay that makes sense, I really, really, really don't understand these guys at all, the person I spoke to mentioned none of this. They know there is something wrong with my line, I've had I think it is 7 Engineers out at my house now and not one of them have found a thing wrong with my equipment. I have a diploma in Computer networking, I know for sure, that’s 100% sure that there is nothing wrong with my network. So if a line engineer turns up to look at my phone line tomorrow I really don't know what I will do, so it's maybe lucky that I won’t be here tomorrow. I really need my interent, I have  so much work to do online and right now I don't have the connection I require to do that work.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 20

@bluchas99 wrote:
I to am pulling out my hair I've had a speed issue for two weeks they've phoned me three time and said it was fixed while I'm

@bluchas99

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Evening-and-weekend-congestion/m-p/1534866#...

0 Ratings