cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

internet over usage!

I have been with Bt for about 4 years now and have always had broad band option 1 which gives me a 10G allowance per month. I have never in the whole 4 years ever come close to exceeding this but today I received a bill for £100 of over use in the month of december! So I rang them up and apprently I had exceeded the 10G use in the first 6 days on December and then continued to over use my allowance by nearly 10 times!!

Thing is nothing has been different in december to any other month, its just me and my partner that each have a laptop each which gets used for about 1 hour each per night! We dont do online gaming, watch HD movies on it or do anything else that could have used that amount of G's! The home hub is always protected so nobody out side could of used it and BT refuse to to even discuss the possibilty that there infomormation is wrong and they want to increase my direct debit to £105 a month because of this! But they wont disscuss this even and told me after the first payment they could reduce it to £75 a month which is still nearly twice what I pay now!

There is no way I have used 110G in 1 month so is there anything I can do?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: internet over usage!

You should have kept an eye on data used via BT,s monitor which is no help now of course I can only suggest trying the forum mods for help

Contact Mods at
forum.moderation.team@bt.com
include a link to this topic account number and phone number

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I'm in the same boat mate 😞  Seems to be very erratic and there's a lot of others not happy either 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@Unstablecable wrote:

I have been with Bt for about 4 years now and have always had broad band option 1 which gives me a 10G allowance per month. I have never in the whole 4 years ever come close to exceeding this but today I received a bill for £100 of over use in the month of december! So I rang them up and apprently I had exceeded the 10G use in the first 6 days on December and then continued to over use my allowance by nearly 10 times!!

Thing is nothing has been different in december to any other month, its just me and my partner that each have a laptop each which gets used for about 1 hour each per night! We dont do online gaming, watch HD movies on it or do anything else that could have used that amount of G's! The home hub is always protected so nobody out side could of used it and BT refuse to to even discuss the possibilty that there infomormation is wrong and they want to increase my direct debit to £105 a month because of this! But they wont disscuss this even and told me after the first payment they could reduce it to £75 a month which is still nearly twice what I pay now!

There is no way I have used 110G in 1 month so is there anything I can do?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Can you pop over to the online usage meter (see my shortcuts options 14d & 14e - hopefully one will work) and see what your current usage is for January.

From your given information, it looks extremely unlikely that you have used that amount of data. You should (in December) have received a 7GB usage email - is there any chance you have had this ?

For information, there have been a large increase in users posting about higher than expected usage recently. I feel that something isn't quite right somewhere.

As Hamish mentioned, your best course of action is to contact a Moderater (click on their username to find the email address) and include your account number and a link to this thread. You can copy/paste a link by clicking against the "1" in "Message 1 of xx" in your original post.

0 Ratings
summerinwales
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Having read a number of posts dealing with internet usage, I too find myself having allegedly used over 7GB of internet in a period of two weeks.  We also do not download films, play games online, or watch TV on I Player etc.  BT seem uninterested in this information and suggest that I increase my subscription.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings