Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

ip address range DHCP Server

Go to solution

Hi Everyone

I really want to change my ip address on a regular basis but it stays the same even after ipconfig /release / renew.  I have been looking at the hub settings and noticed I can change the address range if I configure it myself.  Only problem is I am clueless but always up for a challenge (I usually end up nearly crying when I **bleep** stuff up like this but it never stops me lol)

Basically for a start ip address range how do I do that? Are there certain numbers out there or do I make them up? Bet your already thinking I am some sort of nut job lol.  Also what about the Subnet mask can I change that too if so how? lol.

And then there is the lease time oh please somebody help me Woman Frustrated

Anyway I have my HomeHub 4 already open and waiting for someone to take pity on me so please HELLLLPPPPP lol Woman Mad

Cheers 

Me

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: ip address range DHCP Server

Go to solution
Your public ip address is dynamic and changes normally everytime your router drops connection and then reconnects - or you do a manual reset

Are you trying to get ip addresses for your devices

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi to be really honest I don't know what I am trying to do lol I have disabled the ip6 coz someone said I don't really need it right now.  We do have a lot of gadgets connected at times so wanted a bigger range of ip addresses and it does seem that it never changes lol though if you say it will be then I believe you.  

I went onto the hub and tried to do the configure ip addressess manually but then it said about a new range of addressess and I was totally lost on the first hurdle nowt new for me though ha ha.

Can you help please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you don't know what you are trying to achieve and you don't know what you are doing and all your gadgets are connecting and working, my advice would be to leave things alone. If ain't broke, don't fix it, especially if you don't know what you are trying to fix or how to fix it.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If all of your gadgets are connecting okay, then leave well alone.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yeah I will heed your words of wisdom and leave it lol.

Thank you very much Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings