Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maddie123
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

ip profile stuck

hi there,

i'm asking for assistance from the one of the mod, i have purchased a new hub after having problems with keeping a stable line due to long line. since puchasing the new hub i have had good connections until a few days ago when in the middle of the night my noise margin dropped to 3 and caused my connection to fail.

Since then my line has stablised but my ip profile seems stuck at 135kbps and my noise margin isn't dropping below 9, could one of the mods check to see if they can increase my ip profile and lower my noise margin.

stats are as follows,

many thanks

Download Speed

125 Kbps

0 Kbps

250 Kbps

Max Achievable Speed

Download speed

achieved during the test was - 125 Kbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds

is 50-250 Kbps.

Additional Information:

Your DSL Connection Rate :2048 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: ip profile stuck

your noise margin dropping to 3db should not cause the router to rest.

did you find the cause of the noise on your line?  is it still there?

is the connection time in your router stable and 3 days+?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
maddie123
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

hi there,

i can't hear any noise on the line and have done the usual tests but my n.margin is still 9,

i have had a stable connection for 1 1/2 days, i know it's not the usual 3 days but i have noticed in the past that my profile has risen without having to wait 3/5 days.

thanks for response

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

then just keep checking using btspeedtester if your profile does not take the long 3/5 days route.

thought it would have changed by now though if connected 1+day

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
maddie123
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

exactly imjolly,

thats why i think it could be stuck, i   have been checking on the btspeedtester and will continue to do so thanks.

shall i mail the mods?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

you can email the mods as it wll take a few days to respond and your profile may well have corrected itself by then but if not you will have mod contact

raymie67
Expert
Message 7 of 12

mods are on http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

They can confirm if your profile is stuck by comparing the RAS value to what you see on speedtester.

Seems to me that this is happening more often at the moment, happens to me know as well but ony for the last month or so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

thanks raymie67 I forgot the mod linkSmiley Sad

Not sure I agree  there are more profiles getting stuck I think it is more that customers are now no longer prepared to wait the 3/5 days it can take for a reset - been there and got the t-shirt

This I think is the reason for the new profile system of 88.2%

0 Ratings
maddie123
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

ok,

funny that you should say it seems to be happening more often, maybe bt need to think about allowing us to determine our own ip profiles,

Don't know if thats possible but i have heard that other isps allow their customers the freedom to choose whats best for their own connections.

many thanks

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 10 of 12

And speaking just for myself my profile was not sticking say a month ago and now does (at least the last few times it was meant to change). Sticking was confirmed by mods, was confirmed as RAMBO issue and last info I got was that while the RAMBO profile was reset they did not believe that wholesale had fixed any actual cause of the sticking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings