cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

ipv6 on a Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router - is it possible?

Hi,

I have just purchased a Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router (I have FTTP) - but I cannot seem to get the ipv6 working.

Can anyone talk me through what settings I would need or do the Netgear routers not work with BT ipv6?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: ipv6 on a Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router - is it possible?

There are posts on both here and on netgears own support site that none of netgears routers support the /56 version of the ipv6 that BT uses, however when i check my smarthub it reports a /64 address so im unsure of when this changed.

I also found this and even tho its ment for TP-Link routers it "may" be of help to you.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/IPv6-config-help-needed-for-third-party-router/...

Im looking at replaceing my router and the lack of support from the router makers and BT's use of "non standard" setups (sky as well with that MER setup) is making me consider jumping ship, its a shame as in 10 years ive had very few problems with my line but the lack of "modem" mode is a  problem for me at the moment, Luckly i have a HG modem but might go for a tp-link vr2800 and use it in router only mode.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I had actually seen that thread and it wasn’t of any help, but thanks anyway.

The NetGear is a beast of a router and very good and I actually am not sure not having ipv6 is going to be much of an issue.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

no worrys, im sorry i carnt be of help.

0 Ratings