Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HREdwards
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

is a refund for no internet possible?

Go to solution

Hi,

On the morning of Friday the 6th of June I noticed a smell of burnt electrics in my computer room, I checked everything and realised I had no internet, hub was powered and wireless working but no B light, checked my Infinity hub on the wall and it had no lights, tried a different power socket, no go and tried something else in the original socket and it powered up fine. Logged a fault call and on June 11th an engineer came out and replaced the Infinity hub as it had blown. Seeing as I had no access to the internet due to faulty BT supplied hardware, can I claim a refund of my Infinity package from the period of 6th-10th of June inclusive?

HR Edwards

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: is a refund for no internet possible?

Go to solution
Hi

I am sorry to see you are having problems

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums
0 Ratings
malaysiabound
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

This is a forum for all customers benefit.

John46, if you have the answer to the question - post it here.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@malaysiabound wrote:

This is a forum for all customers benefit.

John46, if you have the answer to the question - post it here.

Yes, this is a forum where customers can try to resolve issues between themselves but customers can't answer specific, individual administrative questions, and sometimes initial help will simply be advice on how to get issues resolved by BT.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
malaysiabound
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Yes, you're quite right - customers can try to resolve issues between themselves - but if every answer is simply pointed towards BT Help pages, then nothing will get solved will it.

Members use the forum to share experiences because BT Help is insufficient.

So when someone asks. Is a refund for no internet possible? a far more constructive answer would have been to say either Yes and you can find out more details here..., or No, and this is why not.

There is no reason to send people off for an answer and not share that with the rest of the so called BT Community. 

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, yes it is possible, try here

Happy now!

Stew

malaysiabound
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Truly ingenius reply there StewM, I can see how you got your Distinguished Expert status (that's sarcasm by the way).

Why tell someone to go to a link that really offers no help at all. BT Live Chat.... give me a break. 

Customers go to BT Help, find no help and then come to the forum, hoping to find solution in other customers experience. Sending them back to where they have probably already been is retarded.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I would have thought that John46's reply "I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you" along with a link to the appropriate department is a pretty constructive answer.

Perhaps some people need to be spoon fed with " Yes, if you contact Live Chat they will be able to arrange that for you" but I suspect most folk could work that one out.

0 Ratings
malaysiabound
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Some people gg30340? Do you mean people with less experience than yourself? 

So your reasoning is that customers should be able to work it out on their own, so why give them a fully constructive answer. Send them to BT No-Help and stop bothering me?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
Little point of bothering suggesting help to some people as you say they only want spoon feeding
0 Ratings