cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taffy078
Expert
Message 1 of 6

is anyone having problems forwarding 'btinternet.com' emails to the Outlook/Hotmail server

As I've posted before, I set up a new Outlook email account some months ago because I thought that finally it was my turn to be hit following the major hacking of the BTYahoo server.

I check my BTMail inbox weekly and when I found  mail there from someone who I wish to stay connected with, I forward the btmail to my Outlook address from where I email the sender with my new address.

However, a considerable number of those are delayed by the hotmail server, then fail. I've created at least two threads in the Microsoft Community asking for help but no-one can help. This suggests to me that Microsoft have a problem, still, with the hotmail server.

However I recently read an interesting article by Leo  Notenboom ('Ask Leo' and others) entitled "why does email bounce?" from which I wonder whether the hotmail server has bt/btyahoo in its Blacklist Filter. He recommends telling the ISP.

Is anyone else having this problem?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Talwyn
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: is anyone having problems forwarding 'btinternet.com' emails to the Outlook/Hotmail server

Hi, try this link https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Outlook-Send-Receive-error-0x800CCC13-after-upgrading-to-Wi... which describes a fix for this problem. worked for me

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Re: is anyone having problems forwarding 'btinternet.com' emails to the Outlook/Hotmail server

Thanks for that Talwyn. It didn't work for me, unfortunately. (And I'm still on Win7). But the SFC Scannow is a useful tool at times.

0 Ratings
Gurberly
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Ah great. I've been looking for a solution for this. I've been able to reply to, and forward mails received, but unable to send new emails that I created. Very perplexing!!

Cheers

Graham

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Gurberly wrote:

Ah great. I've been looking for a solution for this. I've been able to reply to, and forward mails received, but unable to send new emails that I created. Very perplexing!!

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham.

By any chance is this using the autocomplete suggestion list ? If so, this could be the issue. You can delete the name from the autocomplete list - simply hit delete against the one(s) you're having issues with.

0 Ratings
Gurberly
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

No it was not using the auto-complete function.

Issue fixed as per link referred to above.

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Outlook-Send-Receive-error-0x800CCC13-after-upgrading-to-Wi...

Regards

Graham

0 Ratings