cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghostzz
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

is there going to be an increase in speed any time soon

is there going to be an increase in speed any time soon ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: is there going to be an increase in speed any time soon

soon? nope.

0 Ratings
ghostzz
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

bt infinty is rip off

okay so i used a bt infinty customer and i was told my exchange was capable of line speed 76 mbps heres the thing though it was enable until december 2012 and by this i had given up on bt infinty here's the thing what they done was illegal under the sales of good act section 4 contract performace also 13 Sale by description. and i will be reporting bt to trading standards 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 10

Re: bt infinty is rip off

What is the point you are trying to make?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 5 of 10

Hi ghostzz

As said in your previous post here (http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/fttp-fttp-in-Edinburgh/m-p/1076720/highlight/true#M116509 ) there will probably be no improvement to the Openreach FTTC fibre infrastructure soon, though if ISPs take up the FTTPoD service and your exchange is FTTPoD enabled then you maybe able to pay for FTTP to be installed to your property. Though at the moment FTTPoD have not been taken up by any ISPs/CPs.

Also the upto 76mbps is an UP To figure. This will be dependent on your line quality and how long your line is between your property and your FTTC dslam cabinet.

There are also other limitation which can effect the sync and througput speed.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
simoncraddock
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

BT Infinity is not just a rip off when it doesn't work, but its support overseas are incapable of dealing with customers.

I was told 7mbps was an acceptable speed, yet on the btwholsale speedtest it states an 'acceptable' speed was 16mbps to 78mbps. How can they advertise superfast broadband that is slower than normal ADSL and still be acceptable?

I've been promised calls at certain times that never happened, calls arranged at pre-arranged times only to get home from work and they tried ringing 8hrs earlier than promised. I've been lied to by the Indian call centre and they generally ignore everything you tell them.

Worst service ever, not one I can ever recommend to friends or family.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 7 of 10

@ghostzz wrote:

okay so i used a bt infinty customer and i was told my exchange was capable of line speed 76 mbps heres the thing though it was enable until december 2012 and by this i had given up on bt infinty here's the thing what they done was illegal under the sales of good act section 4 contract performace also 13 Sale by description. and i will be reporting bt to trading standards 

What are you trying to say? Neither I nor anyone else can understand this gibberish.

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 8 of 10

Its the nature of the business that nobody can guarantee what linespeed you will get. Which is why its sold as in the case of ininity upto 76MB what would you prefer that BT banded people together like in the old days and only sold say 50MB so your line could do 60MB but you are limited to 50mb? Or someone who could get 45MB is limited to 20MB as thats the next package level down?

I suspect eventually most if not all of the country will have fibre into the home at which point we will hopefully get far more precise internet packages but that's gonna be many years off!

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 9 of 10

A few yes, but not as many as you may think.

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 10 of 10

I guess the other thing is the more copper removed means a lot of cash for that scrap copper! I'd hope someone has thought of that for funding the roll out of more fibre! Additionally it would cut down on a lot of cable thefts as I've never heard of scrap fibre optic cable being worth much!
0 Ratings