Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

is this normal??

Go to solution

Hi there.........

Recently. I find out that the lights on my HH3 will turn off and back on about one or two time a day.

is it Normal??  or is it my HH3 faulty?

thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: is this normal??

Go to solution

Is that all the lights?

If so, it could be a faulty hub. Also it could be faulty equipment connected to the hub (by ethernet)

Unplug everything connected and then monitor the hub - if all the lights still go out then report it to BT as a faulty hub.

If it remains on, you need to track down what's causing it.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi DS

Yes. all the lights suddenly turn off and no internet connection on my pc. at the moment I am connected my pc with Ethernet connection to  ( GIge 4 Port ) . I been told that you connected your cable to Gige4 port will give you a faster speed!!! is it correct?????

the Hub light will sometime turn  itself off then back on instantly!!

which is not right.

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

And if you disconnect all cable connected devices? Though I'm 99.99% sure it's the hub - the PSU's also fail.

The GigE port - you won't get any faster than the speed your BB is running at

also read this http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32322/kw/gige%20port/c/346,1887,1888

Call BT and ask for a replacement

0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
I am abit worry of calling to bt customer service after seeming all those posts about how the India call centre badly handle customer help too badly !!!!
What and how can I tell them to replace my HH3 ? They may even says an engineer come and look which I got no time to wait at home especially as you said you 99.9% sure it's the HH3 fault ! I rather have a replacement post to me !

Also what is Psu?
Thanks
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Don't worry, there has been some changes made recently(ish) and apart from my promised call back, still waiting BTSmiley Frustrated, the customer service staff aint been that bad.

Calling them is the quickest way, just explain the power light going off and they can't really do anything else except replace the hub. You could give the mods a nudge, but you'll be waiting for up to 3 days for a reply.

Which ever option you decide, they should post a new one out and also send a returns bage for the old one.

PSU - power supply unit (the black 'box' that plugs in to the wall and the other end plugs in to the hub).

0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi DS

I just called BT up and the person I spoken to seem to be quite helpful and understanding ! he very quickly said the same as you when I told him what's happening to my hub and he order a new Hub to be send to me this week  : )

#Thanks for your advise. and hopefully the new hub will work perfectly !

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

see, told you so;)

Update this thread - good or not so good

0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Kit Kat,

Make sure that a £6 delivery charge doesn't appear on your bill - I am waiting for the next bill to see if my £6 has gone!

all the best

Michael.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
The £6 is only for new hub 3's. You shouldn't be charged on a replacement for a faulty unit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings