cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unhappywithphone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

job not complete and now no phone until 19th??!

I moved home and signed up for BT Infinity and phone. On the Thursday the engineer set up the broadband, but since he arrived at 5pm (1-6pm time slot) he said he couldn't finish and would return the next morning.

Guess what? No Phone, no engineer on the Friday - 13th. Called BT and they said someone would come on SATURDAY - 14th (8-1pm time slot).

GUESS WHAT?! NO ENGINEER NO PHONE!! And when I call - after 8 minute circle in the phone menu and 5 minute wait they say the job is COMPLETE and they will mark it as a FAULT. And they will schedule someone to come on the 19th!! THE 19th!!! Why did I want to stay with BT??? 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
duncan10
Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: job not complete and now no phone until 19th??!

It looks as though the installation engineer has put it out as a fault as he could not get any dial-tone . I take it he installed the equipment but could do no more because it was faulty. If so it would be better if he said there was a fault externally and would have to be fixed before he set it up. It could be a UG/underground cable fault or a fault in the exchange either way an engineer would still have to call at your house to finish the work. Are you saying the landline telephone worked before he came to the house?               

0 Ratings
unhappywithphone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

We just moved to the property and because of renovation the engineer was to put in whatever was necessary. When I placed the order BT said there was a 'line to the property' and it was no problem.

The engineer said there was still a '10 minute job' to finish the phone line portion, but because it was 6pm and he had been working since 8am so he was stopping. He promised to come back the next day and finish. He didn't come and no one else came. 

Yesterday I called to find out when they would come and they said an engineer was booked for today -Saturday (8-1). When I called at 11am BT said the 'order was complete' and they would have to report it as a fault. Now after speaking to a manager the best they can do is TUESDAY 17th DECEMBER! I told them because of a very sick person it is important that I have a phone line at once.

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 4 of 18

I can see this is a bit confusing. If he promised to come back the next day that would suggest there was more installation work to be done as regard the exchange line in the house. But if you were told the job is complete? that suggests otherwise. If he is reporting it as a fault then that suggests  - there is no more installation work to be done in the house. They cant have it both ways. Something is missing here. You cant be getting told exacty what the problem is. IS it UG--is it in the house You deserve a better explanation. If you have a very sick person in the house maybe a Mod could take this up ?

0 Ratings
unhappywithphone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Yes, the engineer said the work wasn't complete and someone else must have signed it off as complete - as you say something is WRONG!! How do I get a MOD to take this up - it is VERY important I can access a phone!?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 7 of 18

Hi unhappywithphone,

I'm sorry for the delay getting service set up in your new house.  I can help sort everything out from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
unhappywithphone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Robbie, I have contacted you with my details... I await your reply... thank you.

0 Ratings
unhappywithphone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

It would be nice if my phone worked on MONDAY!!

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 10 of 18

The Mod will have to contact openreach to see whats happening and only then can he make a judgement as to how long it will take. Openreach must treat all suppliers equally. The engineer will still have to do any work required. It depends also if the UG -underground  are involved or not.    

0 Ratings