cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kafkaesque1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

kafkaesque nightmare - Infinity Migration

Well, I hope someone on here can help with my BT nightmare - here is a brief outline

Mon 19th June - I was expecting to migrate from PlusNet fibre to BT infinity 52Mb, along with the phone line service.

Phone line service has come over fine.

As of today, the Infinity service has not gone live. Solid state orange light on Smarthub.

Since the 19th June, I have had two engineer visits, spoke with BT help, BT customer care, BT connections,.... and still no service.

The first Openreach engineer checked the hub, the line, the BT cabinets (incuding Fibre cabinet) - he confirmed that there is a fibre connection coming to the house at 55Mb service. However, he felt that the issue may be a PPP authentication issue which was preventing connection. This was fed back to BT. Since then an absolute nightmare - I have been passed between departments, and the CAMP3 (complaints team) have sent a further engineer (which served no purpose other than to confirm that the set up at the house was fine) and a new hub. The second engineer tried 4 hubs and confirmed not a hardware issue.

I feel I am trapped in a nightmare of being passed around BT but without any resolution.

Is the PPP authentication an easy fix - and who would carry this out...

what are my options here - would a cease and reconnect of the fibre be the best route....

It has been 9 days now without service.

I have simplified the complaint above as it would take too long otherwise.

I also wish to formalise a complaint to reach the "Chairmans Office" - as nothing else seems to work - and OFCOM don't entertain individual complaints - HELP!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: kafkaesque nightmare - Infinity Migration

@kafkaesque1 I'm really sorry about the problem with your connection and the delay getting that sorted. We'll be happy to take a look at this for you if you send over your details using the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
kafkaesque1
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I have sent a message  - thanks

0 Ratings
kafkaesque1
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

and guess what - no response to my message - it is just disappeared into the ether  - as per all the other complaints to BT !

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 6

Give them 2-3 days to get back to you and they'll get you sorted out.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

@kafkaesque1 We have your message and will get back to you as soon as you reach the top of our queue.  

0 Ratings