cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy2308
Beginner
Message 21 of 27

Re: keep losing signal & poor speed

Kept refreshing, it lost signal again about 20 seconds after I took this screenshot:

line stats 060812c.png

and now it's connected again:

line stats 060812d.png

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 22 of 27

Is the home hub in the test socket? This will eliminate any internal wiring problems.

cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
andy2308
Beginner
Message 23 of 27

as stated previously there is no test socket, house is a new build, master socket is one complete faceplate with no removable parts.

Trying to live chat, cut out 3 times while in the queue and 4 times while trying to chat

this is ridiculous

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 24 of 27

Have you tried this (Really for phone diagnostics but the only test socket thing I can find):

Grab a screwdriver and locate the external connection box. Now follow these steps:

1. Open the box by removing the screw from the top left corner

2. To the left of the yellow plug is a grey tab. Push the grey tab to the left and remove the yellow plug

3. Now See if it keeps disconnecting. Remember to put Yellow plug back and all once finished

cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

Deleted by poster

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 27

until you can stabilise your connection there is no chance of your speed improving and until you can get your internal wiring checked out there is nothing we can help you with if an engineer comes out he will go to the external connection box and if no fault is found the call out will be chargeable you need to get your internal wiring checked out as that is your responsibility no that of Openreach
0 Ratings
andy2308
Beginner
Message 27 of 27

I accept that, but as I stated earlier the master socket is positioned inside the house directly on the other side of that grey box and the hub is plugged into that master socket.
0 Ratings