Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eightdigitword
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

line/BT account cancelled by a neighbour

hi,

As of two weeks ago my BT line has been cancelled. On the 27th September I checked my email to find an email from BT saying that my line was going to be cancelled, on the 27th, and to contact them if this didnt look right. As I had not requested this cancellation i contacted them immediatlely. I was told the line had already been cancelled and that it must have been done by someone else.

I live in an apartment and have recently had a new neighbour move in next door. My neighbour has just had a new line set up. Talking to my neighbour I discovered they mistakenly gave the wrong flat number during the installation process.

I now have to wait weeks for BT to reconncect my phone line and i will also have to pay my internet provider to re-connect my ADSL.

Can anyone cancel someone else's phone line? And, should BT be paying for all my calls to India as well as the internet connection fee to Virgin? As far as i can tell this is an error on BT's part.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: line/BT account cancelled by a neighbour

If you would like someone to investigate what happened to your phone line, then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

They will not be able to help with your broadband connection, as you are not a BT Broadband customer.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

calls to BT are free when made on a BT land line you do not pay call rates to India
0 Ratings
eightdigitword
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks, but my landline has been cut off. I can only resolve this by calling BT on my mobile.

I was literly fobbed of yesterday when i called the BT helpdesk on 0800 917 9875. I was told i would be called back, no one called. when i asked his name for reference he hung up on me.

I have filled out the form on BT.com help.

I hope this can be resolved quickly.

0 Ratings
eightdigitword
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Keith, thanks for your response,

BT have wrongfully disconnected my phone line without my permission. Because of their actions i have lost my internet account on that line and now need to pay for it to be reconected. I find it very unfair that i should have to pay for a mistake made by BT.

I will have spent a month without a phone line and two weeks without internet. For someone who often has to work form home this is extremely disruptive. To then find out i have to pay to fix BT's mistake is beyond a joke.

Kevin.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I am sure the BT Care Team will sort it out for you, just keep a note of the reference number you were given when you submitted the form.

Meanwhile, make sure that you have reported it as a fault. You can use the online fault report system here.

Reporting Phone Faults

0 Ratings