cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willsussex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

line down to my Business for 2 weeks and they say it tests OK!

I realise we've had some wind but.... now on 16th day.

Fault reported on 24th dec. Intermittent land line, bad cracking, cutting out when wind is blowing. No internet or very occasional internet.

At least 3 times they've said they were coming out to fix it, never turned up. Finally they came today, did something, said line was OK and went away and closed the fault. Wind has picked up again a bit this evening and still crackling, popping and my internet doesn't work at all unless I leave the phone off the hook, and I often only get a couple of minutes internet and the speed is 0.28 mbps when it works.

Rang faults, they say line testing ok so they won't send them back to look at it. They said they'd get someone in almost a week's time!

In the mean time, I can barely use the internet and I can't process any card payments, log into online banking etc.. Its not fair to my customers and is killing by business which most of the sales are mail order / credit card orders.

Just to make things worse, I have an appointment for tomorrow for BT to come and install INFINITY fibre on this line.. So they won't even be able to do that if the line is still working like a piece of wet string.

The driveway to the business has many junctions where it has been patched up over the years. I wish they'd just run a new wire up (and even connect me to the shiny new cabinet at the bottom of the driveway instead of the one a mile further away!)

How can I get the engineers to come back and fix / replace / rewire my line!? Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: line down to my Business for 2 weeks and they say it tests OK!

This forum is for BT residential customers and no one here can assist you with your problem here you need to use the business forum http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/bd-p/Broadband. As they will be able to assist you
willsussex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

ah, didn't realise.

Tried to log in to that other site but couldn't, do i need to register again?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

yes you need to re register on the business forum
0 Ratings