Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spicnspan7
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

losing connection when using phone

Go to solution

Hi guys, I'm having this problem of loosing internet connection when someone is using the landline. It just happened last night. I've no problem like this before and my broadband connection has been running smooth for months. I've been trying to fix the problem since last night.

These are the things I've tried with no luck:

Replaced the adsl micro filter ( tried 6 different filters)

Tried all the sockets including the main 

Tried 2 broadband routers

Tried 2 Phones

Checked online if there is any service going on in my area ( shows no fault) 

Still having the issue at the moment. Is there anything I haven't tried to sort the problem or could it be it's an outside problem? Problem in exchange or the wires outside the house?  

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: losing connection when using phone

Go to solution
Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
spicnspan7
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: losing connection when using phone

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply John, I've tried that as well. And I couldn't hear a noise. But not to worry now, it appeared that there's a fault somewhere within my area and it was fixed yesterday, I asked my neighbor and he said his internet connection was dropping as well yesterday. So far it's been stable for 14 hours. Hope it's totally fixed :).  I just got worried because when I checked the service status , there's nothing about my area.

0 Ratings