cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
westyb1983
Message 1 of 5

lost 13 meg speed in 2 weeks

I had Infinity installed 2 weeks ago and was very impressed with the 37 meg d/l speeds i was getting up untill today when suddenly im getting a max of 24 meg. I have noticed other people have had similar issues on here and would like to know how/if i can get my line back up to the speed it was at. i have done the bt speed test and my results are below along with a speed test.net result from when my speeds were at 37meg. cheers.

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 23106 Kbps

0 Kbps25247 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

> Download speedachieved during the test was - 23106 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-25247 Kbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is -25247 Kbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 6096 Kbps

0 Kbps10000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6096 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10000 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: lost 13 meg speed in 2 weeks

Try resetting your Openreach modem and your router then retest. Let us know the results so we can help further if needed 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi and Welcome.

Your IP setting has dropped unfortunately. It could be that the exchange DLM equipment has set your Internet Profile on the best speed for a reliable connection... things may improve again when the cold weather improves say.

Or....

You could try a modem and HH3 reboot and then run the http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ and post the "after reboot" results.

Note it's not recommended to turn the Modem off too often, a powerdown for test or holidays is ok though.

If your IP and associated achieved speed hasn't improved, you could ask for help from the BT Forum Mods using this form.

They may be able to arrange an IP reset. They are very helpful and will contact you, may take 72hrs or so due their workload.

If you add the URL of this thread to the contact form they will be able to see the background and tests you've carried out.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

westyb1983
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the replies PC and Webby, i have reset the modem and HH3 as suggested by you both and the speedtest results are pretty much the same as before:

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 23105 Kbps

0 Kbps25081 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

> Download speedachieved during the test was - 23105 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-25081 Kbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is -25081 Kbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 6167 Kbps

0 Kbps10000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 6167 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10000 Kbps

i think i will use the mod contact form to see if an IP reset can be arranged or not.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

What was your prediction when you first signed up? The problem is that Openreach won't accept a "slow speed" fault unless the connection drops below the 15meg threshold 😞
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings