cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russell55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

low speed on infinity

hi, we had infinity set up on the 3 may this year and we are having problems with the speed, the first thing i do when going on the comp is test the speed. what happens is the speed is less than 1 meg this happens most days, i switch off the modem and router at the mains and when i switch them back on all is fine speed is back to normal between 19 meg and 23 meg. i have not moved anything all is as when the engineer set it up. connected to master socket.

can someone please fix this issue asp because if not fixed by end of this month i will terminate my contract.

thanks russell byrne.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 9

Re: low speed on infinity

Hi Russell,

Welcome to the forum.

Could you post a speed result from www.speedtester.bt.com, so we can take a closer look at what's going on?

Make sure the test is run over a wired connection.

Thanks,

Stephanie
russell55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

hi stephanieg, i dont have a clue how to copy my results to here, i have done the test at speedtester and results were slighty higher first test was  (up 1.5 meg ) (down 5.82 meg)  (ping was 0.00)   second test was (up 1.3 meg) (down 5.2 meg) (ping 59). when i was with tt they were able to look at my modem settings and do adjustments and look at what was happening. can you do that???. time is running out for me so please please fix this as i intend to cancel at the end of the month if not fixed. i had to wait for 17 months when i first joined tt to fix a problem with the bb so please forgive my urgency, time is running out, thanks russell.

0 Ratings
russell55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 1 Mbps

0 Mbps31.36 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-31.36 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 31.36 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 8 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 9

Wired connection or wireless?

0 Ratings
russell55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

its wired, no extentions, just had phone call from india and they say they will escalate me and i should get a call over the next 2 days. sure hope so begining to regret leaving tt as bad as they were. trying to understand the operaters in india is frustrating to say the least. so will see what happens, bt  have only 10 days left before i cancel and go else where.

0 Ratings
russell55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

well its now 15.38 and though i was told i was to be escalated and someone would call me on sunday or monday its looking like that aint going to happen. HOW DO YOU GET THINGS FIXED WITH BT. i am not prepared to keep waiting days for someone to get off there backside and help me. bt you are seriously beginng to annoy me. FIX MY BB.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 9

Can't you call India and ask?
0 Ratings
russell55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

well the call came on the same evening, i wasnt expecting it to come in the evening, he did a test and found the hub to be faulty and ordered me a replacement, it arrived today and is now up and running. i do hope this fixes the problem.

anyone who has been reading may think i am rushing and perhaps am a bit over annoyed, but i was with tt for over 4 years and i had a problem from the very start, it took them 17 months to fix the bb, it was a corroded wire in the green junction box and when it finally broke they sent out an enginner to fix it. i kept on saying on the forum that i would leave and go to bt but the responses to that was dont do that bt are worse. well in the end i did leave to find out for myself, and had problems from the start. i hope this is now sorted will find out over the next few days.

thanks to those who posted.  russell.

0 Ratings