0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT are throttling P2P/Torrent Connections on Unlimited BT Infinity 2

Go to solution

try running the glasnost test  http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest-mlab.php

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuPaStA
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks I just ran the test, though I'm doubting its accuracy:

It says there is no traffic rate limit, yet below is the maximum speed its able to do (pretty much ties up with my OP)

Download #146350 Kbps46534 Kbps

Also from their website:

"While Glasnost has not been designed detect traffic shaping that affects all flows of a user, e.g., based on time of day or network load or user behavior, it is possible to infer such shaping policies by aggregating and comparing the results of Glasnost tests conducted at different times of the day by different users on different networks."

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

it's an independent test but if you don't want to believe the results that is up to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuPaStA
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

No I made a mistake, I read 40817 Kbps as only having 4 octects instead of 5. Their test is a lot faster than what I was getting on the torrent client.

Need to test from another pc but I think the Glasnost test is spot on and there is no shaping.

How do I delete this thread? as I don't want other people thinking there is throttling on the infinity 2 package.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

you cannot delete the thread but it is helpful for others to see that you thought there was a problem and after running glasnost test everything is ok and speed not restricted

0 Ratings