Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: <<<<<<<<<<<REASON GIVEN BY BT FOR INCREASED SPAM>>>&gt

If you are trying to block an email you must give each rule a separate name or you will get an error.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Re: <<<<<<<<<<<REASON GIVEN BY BT FOR INCREASED SPAM>>>&am

That certainly is a load of rubbish. What fools they must think us, and what fools we must be for staying with BT. I wish, oh how I wish I had never signed up to BT all those years ago. But now I have log-in details for 100s of sites and accounts tied to my BT email, so I dare not try to move to a different provider.

I was forced to migrate MONTHS ago, maybe a year ago. And I never understood why it was such as good idea to inconvenience so many people.

My spam is through the roof, and I am wasting my life on it.

BT, if you have the nerve to charge us for this service (and it is far too expensive, by the way) please at least provide a service.

On top of which my broadband connection fails at least several times a day. Apart from coming to assassinate me, I don't see how BT could get any worse...

Very Fed Up, Keith

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 31

I thought I was replying to a specific message, thus my rejoiner "That certainly is a load of rubbish." Without the reference to the message I am replying to, what I say doesn't make any sense...

I am supposing that my reply to myself will also get shunted to the bottom of the posts, again making it impossible to see what on earth I am responding to.

Why is everything so very wrong with everything BT does with this technology? It's as if they haven't got a clue how it works. BT is just a profit machine for their rich shareholders. B*g**r us poor customers who provide the money they crave... What a disaster...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 31

@khs10uk wrote:
I thought I was replying to a specific message, thus my rejoiner "That certainly is a load of rubbish." Without the reference to the message I am replying to, what I say doesn't make any sense...

I am supposing that my reply to myself will also get shunted to the bottom of the posts, again making it impossible to see what on earth I am responding to.

Why is everything so very wrong with everything BT does with this technology? It's as if they haven't got a clue how it works. BT is just a profit machine for their rich shareholders. B*g**r us poor customers who provide the money they crave... What a disaster...

If you want to reply to a specific message you should either click the "quote" button at the top right of the reply message box, which will include the message in your reply as shown here or refer to the message you want to reply to i.e ref message number ?? by ??.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 31

Hi,

Sorry to spoil BT's excuse. I've just checked my email accounts and they are still with BT Yahoo Mail.Smiley Frustrated

So, I think it's a case of finding out what changes were made to the programming OR the bosses will have to spend some time in coming up with another excuse as to whats happening. Smiley Wink

If it's any help to the 'techie' support guys - mine started about a week ago.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 31

Mine is increasing by the day and is getting worse. Like the posters above this has only happended in the last two weeks.

A fix needs to be implemented soon or I will start forwarding every Spam to the CEO of BT and see how he likes his inbox full up with rubbish every day!

Does anyone from BT ever answer these forums?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 31

Re: <<<<<<<<<<<REASON GIVEN BY BT FOR INCREASED SPAM>>>>

I'm having so much spam delivered to my smartphone every day. I'm considering closing email addresses it's so bad.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Member
Message 18 of 31

I too am experiencing a marked increase daily direct into my main account despite me marking large numbers as spam.  I have been chatting online to an advisor who past on the following from their email team:

Advise the customer to send some spam mails to abuse@bt.com. Also inform the customer to avoid registering his email address on not trusted websites.      (Even though i informed them I was not a basic IT user)

They apparently are also going to monitor my BT Yahoo account (over a year since being told i was about to move....but that is another BT story!)

To be honest, I had the distinct impression that the email team really did not care and can not be bothered to look into this spam filtering problem.

It is a shame that they forget that we are the customer and are actually paying for this as part of our braodband charges! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 31

My problems with spam has improved a little. I've done a lot of individual blocking which has been very time-consuming but some of it must have worked.

One particular bit of spam that came in very large numbers was apparently from Morrisons Supermarket but when you analysed it, it came from a large number of individuals - none of them Morrisons themselves. Has anyone else had these?

I understand that a lot of people who get "work from home jobs" on the inteternet gt paid for doing this or for planting adverts on websites or search engines. I tried to find an email adress for Morrisonz but surprisingly there wasn't one.

Regards

Stan Hatton

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 31

This has been happening to me also for the last 2-3 weeks and it is getting steadily worse. I am still on the old mail (as far as I am aware). In the last 12 hours I have had about 15 messages that are obviously spam getting through. My contract is up soon so BT need to sort it. We are paying a premium price for a third rate service.

0 Ratings