cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisw24
Message 1 of 4

macafee security issue

Go to solution

Hi I have a windows 7 PC and keep getting the same issue with macafee when I download the btnet protect it works for the first scan the next time I try I just get a white box and nothing happens spoke to the tech people off shore waste of time don't understand the problem and just uninstall and re-install then it works for the one time only.

now when trying to download the netprotect plus it says I don't have broadband package with bt can someone please help

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: macafee security issue

Go to solution

Hi chrisw24 and welcome

regarding the latter, you'd need to speak with BT to see why it's telling you this. It may be due the number of times you've downloaded the software

For the scan problem, McAfee will remove most pre installed antivirus programs as it installs, but not all of them. Check and confirm that all previously installed av's are 100% deleted. Having more than one running av will cause all sorts of issues.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

This is just one of many problems reported with NetProtect, as will be revealed by a search of these forums. Many people have given up on McAfee and gonr for an alternative freeAV. More here: BT Forum AV Advice.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
maglin
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

DS gives good advice to ensure that all remnants of previous security products are removed.

It's sometimes easier said than done though. Low level drivers and registry keys are not always easy to identify.

The best way is to use the dedicated uninstaller for each of the security products you have previously installed. Some may require you to boot into windows safe mode before running. All will require a system reboot after running to complete.

You can find links to most here:

http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

0 Ratings