cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sailerman
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

mail undelivered notice

help getting literally hundreds of mail undelivered notices, coming with various email adresses, tried adding to spam and blocking them but they just keep flooding in on all my email adresses

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: mail undelivered notice

Spammers don't like to use their own email address when sending out their junk mails.  So instead they pick the address of some random person on the internet, and forge the emails so they look like they came from that person.  Today, they have picked you.

There's nothing either you or BT can do about it.  Either just delete the mails, or if you are using webmail, you could mark them all as spam and then delete them.

The smammers will soon move on to another email address and the volume of messages you get will drop off rapidly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: mail undelivered notice

@sailerman wrote:

help getting literally hundreds of mail undelivered notices, coming with various email adresses, tried adding to spam and blocking them but they just keep flooding in on all my email adresses

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I'm afraid that a spammer (or their software) has chosen your email address as the "From" or "Reply-to" address in their spam run. Any bounces and undelivered emails will end up at your mailbox, and this can run into 10s of 1000s sometimes - because a lot of email addresses just wont exist (or use poor anti-spam systems to bounce).

There is very little you can do to stop it, but it usually dies down to a trickle after a while when the world email systems have caught up. You may get some irate responses from people saying "don't spam" or words to that effect - because they are unaware that the "From" is not the real sender. These can come anytime (people replying later, on holiday etc).

0 Ratings