cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 35

maximum data rate

hi guys have disconnections going on now every night,maximum data rate will drop then my router drops connection and starts up at a slower speed,but later on maximum data rate goes high again and it disconnects again and connects at higher rate but last nights drop did not connect back at maximum rate?

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 35

Re: maximum data rate

Screenshot (1).png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 35

been on the phone to bt and usual stuff reset router etc.. which did nothing had another reset tonight so im asking if mods could get involved and have a look at whats going on please?Screenshot (2).png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 35

Screenshot (3).png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 35

come on mods get in touch please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 35

The max data rate will vary depending on line conditions and other sources of interference.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Is your connection rate within the acceptable range as shown here?

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

If it is, then there is nothing wrong.

The mods have no control over DLM, only Openreach can act if there is an actual line fault and the speed is outside of Range A on the availability chart, then a visit is needed before any reset can be done by Openreach.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 35

hi keith never had this problem until the last week i always got the max attainable rate,i have no noise on line

Screenshot (4).png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 35

your current connection speed is well within the 48/35mb band shown on speedchecker.  however if your connection is dropping out every day then you need to get an engineer visit to check your line  the mods won't be able to help as you are within extimated speeds and you can organise an engineer visit yourself

if engineer finds a fault then make sure he resets DLM before leaving

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 35

what i cant understand is if i reset my router now it will connect up at the max attainable speed with a 3db noise margin but as soon as the evening comes it will reset again but at a lower than the max rate?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 35

Sounds like your line cannot support the 3dB noise margin
0 Ratings