cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smartie24
Message 1 of 5

minimum calls fee

Go to solution

It looks like I have been charged £2.59 for not using my phone (I actually have a tenant living there who told me he wasn't going to use the phone, but I can't cancel it as am tied in to a 12 month contract grrrrr).  This appears on my bill as:

One-off charges

Minimum calls fee

BT Caller Display £2.59

13 Jul 10 

The minimum calls have not been made. To avoid future charges, make 2

chargeable or inclusive calls per month or more with BT

Two questions:

1) Why is BT Caller Display mentioned, when this charge seems to be nothing to do with that service and I don't even have that service?

2) How can BT justify charging for not using any services?!!  Do any other companies do this or is it a BT special?  What is the charge actually for?

I realise that's more than 2 questions...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: minimum calls fee

Go to solution
Did you sign up for the Privacy package? That includes caller display. The Privacy service is free, but only if you make calls on the land-line (either paid calls, or calls covered by a call package). If you don't make the calls, BT charges for the service.

Why do they do it? Because they can!
0 Ratings
Omniscient
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hi smartie24,

That's BT privacy you have,When customers take out a line with BT then BT obviously assume you want a line to make calls so it's common for this to be added without you knowing,most people never notice as they are of course using a line to make calls, it is stated in the small print just most people don't notice or just overlook it especially if you ordered online,you can give BT a call and they will remove the service at no cost and may even adjust your bill to remove the charges incurred so far.
Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
0 Ratings
denisemac
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I have a call package, anytime, and make lots of calls...I have still been charged.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi denisemac,

Thanks for posting. Take a look at post 2 for the answer.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings