Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveypaige
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

month 13 costs

Hi
I noticed Broadband, unlimited infinity 1 and unlimited infinity 2 all went up by £2 and £2.50 per month. is this a price rise? will this impact existing customers?
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: month 13 costs

Call billing and ask.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
daveypaige
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

I assume no price rise otherwise would be more feedback

but crazy to put prices up again by up to £36
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

If you are at the end of a 12 month contract, then any special deals would have ended, so you will have to negotiate a new contract by calling 0800 800 030.

0 Ratings
daveypaige
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

I'm looking as a new customer not existing. I wondered by its gone up by £2/2.50
0 Ratings
daveypaige
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

I wanted to know as if I join BT they could put it up again which is the feedback I read on trustpilot
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

As you are talking about the new customer deals, then these offers vary from month to month, as do the voucher amounts.

This has no effect on existing customers.

If you enter into a contract with BT, then if they increase the price during the contract, then you can leave without penalty.

0 Ratings
daveypaige
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

it's very confusing. no other providers seem to increase out of contract pricing so high
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

You are not seeing out of contract prices on the BT website, you are only seeing new customer prices, which as I said, vary from month to month. There will be special deals from time to time, like the Black Friday offers that were quite a bit cheaper.

You also have to take into account any variation in cashback of voucher offers.

0 Ratings
Sapph70
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

As far as I can tell there does seem to be a slight increase in price.... if you look in the small print at BT's Infinity 1 (with unlimited weekend calls) pricing structure it's showing at £47.49 at month 13 (full price - no offers). I'm very near the end of my first 12 month contract and my 'upgrade deal' is £49.99, so why the extra £1.50 ? (BT's advertised full price is showing at £49.99 on their main page so you'd need to look further in their tariff guide where they have all of their call charges etc listed)

A few weeks ago I was offer a reduced deal to renew which appeared on my online account.  It was about £5 more than I'm paying now but it's been removed and has been replaced with the full price offer.  I didn't accept the reduced price because I'm not in my last 30 days until next weekend.... so why so early ?

But going back to the OP, I think he is right about the increase.  Can any BT mods clarify this without telling us to ring customer services ?

0 Ratings