Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

moving concern

Go to solution
Ordered home move package on old house, taking new 18 month bb/lr contract to avoid the installation fee. Moved into new home Saturday. There is NO aerial, so no BTTV available. ..MORE IMPORTANTLY, there is no line from any telegraph pole to the house, and looks like the previous owners cut the line for some reason between the gutter and where it enters the house! its not like they have cable as an alternative, only cables into house are 2 for sky box. When the engineer comes Friday pm, will he be able to addres all this? And will I get charged anything? (Im thinking not but you never know! )
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: moving concern

Go to solution

Well "if it looks like the previous owners cut the line" and the engineer concurs then you will be charged even though you didn't do it - it occurred on the property now owned by you. If you have a bona fide engineer out then he will attempt to fix everything if he has the equipment.

Check your legal documents to see if there are any clauses that make the previous owner liable for any damage caused whilst the property was in their ownership.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

They will install a new phone line to the pole and get the phone and broadband up and running that way for you. 

As for the lack of arial, you need to address that one by getting yourself an arial fitter to come install one for you. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thankyou BT - just thought Id put a follow up to this....The reason there was no line was that it was a new pole and obviously they only attached those premises that paid BT for line rental.  So the engineer who came out expecting a breeze of a job actually ended up here for the best part of 3 hours! lol. 

Completely new line, a HH5, everyones a happy teddy!

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..
0 Ratings