cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark5
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

multiple faulty power cables? - surely not possible?

Hi,

I have had two Home Hub 3 modems. Neither of them will not acquire a broadband connection (flashing blue light) with the supplied power cable. Both of them will acquire the broadband connection (solid blue light) when using the old (Home Hub 1) power cable.

How can a power cable provide power to the device but impeed the broadband connection? This is really weird.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks,

Mark.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: multiple faulty power cables? - surely not possible?

The HH1 power unit supplies 9Vdc, I am assuming that the HH3 supply is 12V, so a lower voltage may make it more stable. Either that, or the HH3 power units generate a lot of interference.

Your connection must be fairly marginal.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

the HH3 power supplies I tried gave off rein picked up on radio for a distance of a few feet from the socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mark5
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the reply, I can understand it now. Yes, I am a long way from the exchange, 1MB connection is the best I get on a good day.

HH1 was unstable at peak hours. HH3 so far has been stable.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You need to keep the ADSL input to the home hub, well away from any power leads.

I assume that you are using a filtered faceplate on your master socket, especially if you are a long distance from the exchange?

Any extension wiring is going to pickup interference.

0 Ratings