cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tbandsp
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

my internet connection failed and since I got it back I cant get my gmail emails

Go to solution

A couple of days back, although I was apparently connected (wireless) to my router, it was saying 'no internet access'  and I could not get to any web page or even to my router stats info .. eventually I powered off the router and put it back on again .. now internet access is back fine and so are my emails via live mail except for the gmail ids .. I get error message

Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail (bands.bandsp) account. Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server Response: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system.
Server: 'imap.gmail.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 993
Secure(SSL): Yes

I have changed nothing

please any ideas how to fix or what is going on?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: my internet connection failed and since I got it back I cant get my gmail emails

Go to solution
Hi tbandsp,

Have you tried re - setting up your gmail account within live mail? That should sort it out.

Let me know if you are still having trouble.
Cheers,
Chris
BT Moderator Team.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
tbandsp
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: my internet connection failed and since I got it back I cant get my gmail emails

Go to solution
Hi
Thanks for the message

I am going OK again now and thought I had put up how I did it on here .. but apparently not .. however, the old grey cells are not fully functioning and I can't remember what I did to fix it.

I have a vague memory of going into google and gmail directly, but can't be sure.

tbandsp
0 Ratings