cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barrymc123
Beginner
Message 1 of 29

my order can i cancel

ik i took out bt infinity option one with a new phone line installed into my house, but the speeds im getting are worse than my last isp and im paying alot more i know im on an 18month contract but is there away to get out of it? i placed my order Fri 24 Jun 2011 it was installed on 12/july i just want to know what my options are

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
AmAtoL
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 29

Re: my order can i cancel

Unless it's a lot less than 12000mbps then I think in the words of the prophet that you are screwed.

Sounds like there is something wrong, how fast was it when they installed it ? and how fast is it now ?

How are you checking the speeds ?

Also the 12th July is next Tuesday, 1st or 2nd or another date it was installed ?

0 Ratings
barrymc123
Beginner
Message 3 of 29

sorry i ment it was installed on 5th of july my speeds are fin its my p2p connection is being limited and it wasnt by my lasy isp even tho my speeds were alot slower my downloads are 10x faster i done this test Glasnost: Test if your ISP is shaping your traffic and the results were :

Your ISP appears to rate limit your uploads.

Details:

*Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 1652 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 952 Kbps.

*Your ISP appears to rate limit uploads on port 6881. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 1652 Kbps while uploads on port 54218 achieved up to 951 Kbps.

Your ISP appears to rate limit your downloads.

Details:

*Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests, downloads using control flows achieved up to 20556 Kbps while downloads using BitTorrent achieved up to 242 Kbps.

*Your ISP appears to rate limit downloads on port 6881. In our tests, downloads on port 6881 achieved up to 20556 Kbps while downloads on port 54218 achieved up to 244 Kbps.

0 Ratings
AmAtoL
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 29

It's harsh barrymc123, but there a lot of other threads on here where people were expecting a great p2p speed, unfortunately torrents are killed, just have a quick scan of the forum and you'll get the picture.

You may have to download after midnight if you want full speed, check some other threads on here and I'm sure you'll come across all the relevant info. I haven't got it to hand.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 29

Unfortunatly , if you cancel you will face term charges.

P2p is throttled in peak times and in every forum that I belong too it is a well known fact.

have a read for the charges:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

[edit] you was also told about p2p in your other post:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/download-speeds-help/m-p/233153

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
barrymc123
Beginner
Message 6 of 29

i also like to stream videos etc, boxing fights etc that arent on tv will this service be slowed down between 4pm and 12 and weekend?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 29

If they are using the P2p protocol, yes

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
barrymc123
Beginner
Message 8 of 29

ok so will other things like playing games online be slowed down between 4 and 12? its it restricted all weekend?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 29

Hi barry, I dont play games, but my understanding is it should not be affected.

have a read of the usage policy here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/c/346,402,424

I am sure some gamers will give you some info soon.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
iPHAILZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 29

There have been issues with games, WoW, rift and BFBC2 on PC naming a couple. These do get looked into by BT and fixed or mysteriously work again in a couple of days.

It's still unconfirmed in some cases whether it is actually the fault of BT, but the last WoW issue was BT's fault IIRC but fixed after a day or two.

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
0 Ratings