cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mick123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 29

Re: my order can i cancel

You are not on your own Barry mine is terrible as well , feel like ive been well stitched up ,perhaps its time for a blog and a facebook group to let others know the truth before they tie themselves in with a long contract .

0 Ratings
iPHAILZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 29

Perhaps it's time to read the widely known T&C's before you enter a contract,or here's the biggie actually pay for what you watch instead of whining that BT are trying to stop bandwidth leeches stuffing up all the exchanges.

I am expecting some smart comment below about how it's not BT's job to police the internet or you have "the original version" or some other generic excuse that has been seen too many times but most ppl can't actually be that smart if they locked themselves into a contract without knowing the ins and outs of what happenes to your connection.

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
0 Ratings
barrymc123
Beginner
Message 13 of 29

yeah i am paying quite alot for a service thats pretty poor, my friend who lives 100 yards away is getting 1meg download speeds for a 3rd of the price im paying i wish i never left my old isp now

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 29

Hi barry, if its a general problem with speeds, post your speed test results from here:

http://speedtester.bt.com/

There are other speed testers out there, but with the BT speedtester it gives your IP profile as well.

Remember , there has to be at leastan hour between uses.

Maybe then other forum members can see if you have a problem.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
barrymc123
Beginner
Message 15 of 29

you are right i do use p2p to watch movies etc but i do watch alot of films and if i see a good one 90% of the time i will go out and buy it, and i do like streaming boxing fights/mma thats not on in the uk otherwise i am quite happy paying 15quid for the ppv other than that i like using youtube etc and playing games so i know i should of done alot more research before taking out a contract with bt esp when they say supper fast fiber optic broadband that will give you 3x the speed untill  4pm-12 and none on the weekend

0 Ratings
mick123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 29

perhaps you need to read the T&C`s yourself iPHAILZ or are you a BT employee ?, please point out where it says about P2P being virtually unuseable during peak times ? I can see the word managed even restrictions . Hey this is the latest technology why would i expect less than my 3 meg DSL ? even if restricted or managed . Please do point out these clear ins and outs as you say , waiting patiently 

Check out the T&C`s here http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-Infinity-Very-Dissapointed/td-p/233927

0 Ratings
barrymc123
Beginner
Message 17 of 29

my speed test results are:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 24535 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-31050 Kbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is -31050 Kbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1550 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 2000 Kbps

0 Ratings
iPHAILZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 29

@mick123 wrote:

perhaps you need to read the T&C`s yourself iPHAILZ or are you a BT employee ?, please point out where it says about P2P being virtually unuseable during peak times ? I can see the word managed even restrictions . Hey this is the latest technology why would i expect less than my 3 meg DSL ? even if restricted or managed . Please do point out these clear ins and outs as you say , waiting patiently 

Check out the T&C`s here http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/BT-Infinity-Very-Dissapointed/td-p/233927

You can wait all you like mate, i'm not getting into an argument. If it wasn't for irresponsible people downloading huge amounts of data each month then their would be no need for traffic shaping.

Legitimate P2P users (small minority that they are) are affected by others selfish illegal use of the internet. I'm not accusing you of being one of these and TBH don't really care either.

And BTW, there's more to life than torrents. They use to be great, then people like you started crying on ISP forums and bought them into the limelight.

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
0 Ratings
mick123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 29

To protect the performance of the network and to ensure the best experience for all users of the service, at peak times we may manage the speed of non-time critical applications such as P2P.

Where does it say almost shut down P2P ? not very forthcoming with the truth here .

Because a lot of P2P traffic is not time-critical - for example, downloading and uploading TV programmes or movies for later viewing - we treat P2P traffic differently from time-critical traffic (such as surfing, streaming or internet telephony) and apply speed restrictions to all P2P traffic. We manage these restrictions daily based on the demands on the network, but downstream restrictions will typically be in place 4pm - midnight on weekdays and 9am - midnight on the weekend. Upstream restrictions may be in place at other times.

Restrictions is the word used , still no honesty , virtually unusable would of been an honest approach to customers. Restrictions could mean anything ????

You can, of course, still use P2P services, but downloads will take longer during the peak time

Again very vague with the truth , i mean how many people would not even consider going with them if they were honest and said P2P would be almost unusable at these times? 

BT has always made sure information about our traffic management policy is available to customers and that is why we are in support of the Broadband Stakeholder Group's voluntary code of practice on traffic management. 

Very Very vague information , where does it say P2P will be almost unuseable at peak times? perhaps BT think we are Psychic ? please point it out for my benefit in case its me .Perhaps its just a clever advertising ploy to get us to go for it ? better still why not tie us into a long 18month contract just for good measure and add hefty get out charges.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 29

@mick123 wrote:

Hi mick, this is a customer to customer forum, the only BT representatives on these forums are the Mods, everyone else is a customer just like you.

I understand thatBT employees are not allowed to give advice or help on these forums (mods excepted)

also have you posted your BT speedtester results which include the IP profile, then maybe some forum members can help with some info

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings