cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilTh
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

need to resend verification email

just got BT Infinity and receiving emails fine via Thunderbird. Tried to add two non-btinternet.com email addresses to my account so i can send from Thunderbird. Originally got the verification emails and clicked as asked but it didn't seem to work. Eventually I tried deleting and reputting in the email accounts but now know you can't just delete accounts so I'm currently locked out.

In Options>Mail Options>Mail Accounts in my control panel I can see the new accounts but both have a message of 'Check xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk to verify that you own this address. If you don't see a confirmation email, try resending it from here' 

But if I click on the 'from here' it just takes me back to my sign in screen and gives no option to resend the verification. Anyone know how to get this resent so I can start sending emails? My original btinternet.com is working find for sending

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: need to resend verification email

Is this link by andy_n any use?

http://www.andyweb.co.uk/shortcuts/smtperror553.htm

0 Ratings
PhilTh
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: need to resend verification email

Thanks, after nearly an hour on the phone to India yesterday it got escalated to 'level 3' and today they've fixed it by manually confirming the addresses in the control panel.

0 Ratings