cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 18

Re: need to stop international silent calls

Now that I've been quoted twice as if I was defending the BT's failure to display international numbers, I'll put the record straight. My quoted post was intended simply an explanatory response to the one before it, nothing more.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
rhyds
Expert
Message 12 of 18

No worries. I have raised the question in a new thread.
0 Ratings
Tredmil
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

@pottyperson  "Now that I've been quoted twice as if I was defending the BT's failure to display international numbers, I'll put the record straight. My quoted post was intended simply an explanatory response to the one before it, nothing more."

Sorry, but as a Guru I assumed - obviously incorrectly - that the advice you gave was straight from BT.  mmm, sorry I was wrong.

Anyway, apparently this new phone  does not block unavailable calls  (I assume because they are non-CLI?).  Are you able to advise whether international calls, from, say Nigeria, will still get through?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 18

@Tredmil wrote:

@@pottyperson  "Now that I've been quoted twice as if I was defending the BT's failure to display international numbers, I'll put the record straight. My quoted post was intended simply an explanatory response to the one before it, nothing more."

Sorry, but as a Guru I assumed - obviously incorrectly - that the advice you gave was straight from BT.  mmm, sorry I was wrong.

Anyway, apparently this new phone  does not block unavailable calls  (I assume because they are non-CLI?).  Are you able to advise whether international calls, from, say Nigeria, will still get through?

This is essentially a customer to customer forum. BT staff do sometimes contribute, but they are clearly identified beside their user name as ADMIN or MOD.

The BT6500 phone can block a variety of calls: International, Withheld Number, No Caller ID, Payphone, plus up to 10 specified numbers.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Tredmil
Beginner
Message 15 of 18

@imjolly on ‎13-02-201310h12

"try reading this thread on the subject  http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/BT-Launches-new-phone-to-stop-unwanted-calls/td-p/771026 "

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you

0 Ratings
ChrisLF
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

What can be done to stop those annyoing  calls which come up as "international" [ but often also  displaying a UK area code and number ? ]  These numbers  frequently display " International " as a prefix - of so why cant BT block them? This forum  is awash with complainants about this but no soliutions. I am regesotered with the TPS and also  have BT nuisnace call blocking/guadian  but still i get these unwanted calls - sometimes i can get more than four of these calls perday . Indeed the number of these calals often exceeeds legitamte calls .  I ether ignore them [they go to anser phone ]  or answer and hange up immdmeately - but its extrmely annoying to have the phone ringing with these calls even if you have caller ID and refuse to answer the call - you still have tocheck wh is calling and go the phone . if you do  answer , THEY often hang up on you . What can be done about this? it canty be beyond the wot on man. If the probelm lies overseas then use some of the large  "aid" budget to assit  governements overeas to stop them..

0 Ratings
Neil1
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

I got a BT8610 phone and it's stopped every single one of these calls getting through.

pompey1898
Expert
Message 18 of 18

@ChrisLF wrote:

What can be done to stop those annyoing  calls which come up as "international" [ but often also  displaying a UK area code and number ? ]  These numbers  frequently display " International " as a prefix - of so why cant BT block them? This forum  is awash with complainants about this but no soliutions. I am regesotered with the TPS and also  have BT nuisnace call blocking/guadian  but still i get these unwanted calls - sometimes i can get more than four of these calls perday . Indeed the number of these calals often exceeeds legitamte calls .  I ether ignore them [they go to anser phone ]  or answer and hange up immdmeately - but its extrmely annoying to have the phone ringing with these calls even if you have caller ID and refuse to answer the call - you still have tocheck wh is calling and go the phone . if you do  answer , THEY often hang up on you . What can be done about this? it canty be beyond the wot on man. If the probelm lies overseas then use some of the large  "aid" budget to assit  governements overeas to stop them..

You have posted on a 5 year old thread that was last used 4 years ago !!

Simple solution NOW is to sign up for BT Call Protect.  See the top thread on this board.
0 Ratings