Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: netgear 600

the laptop should not see the hub wireless ssid as the hub should not be connected - only the netgear

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rumbles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Leaving the hub wirelessly connected was the only way to get internet access to call up the routerlogin page. Without that i just had a failure to connect.
0 Ratings
cameron1590
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 17

Okay, you want to unplug your home hub (black BT box) completly move it out the way unplug all cables. Now plug in the netgear, place the cable with a small sqaure type connector (RJ11 - google for images) which you unplugged from the home hub into the netgear the other end should connect to the filter that goes into the phone socket. Now power on the netgear and use an RJ45 cable - google for images to connect your laptop/desktop to the back of the router. Once connected via cable to the router open up your web browser and type in 192.168.0.1 it should load up a login page, I am not sure what the default details will be, these can be found on the netgear router on a sticker usually on the back. Once logged in look for something such as "setup connection" or it may log in directly to the set up page, it should ask you a list of questions if you like such as pppoA/pppoE, username, password etc Select pppoA Username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com Password: BT Leave everything else as it should be okay ! Click "next" "save" "continue" on the bottom page. It should now attempt to connect to your local exchange, you can take note if it has successfully connected or is going through the connection cycle by the lights on the netgear. Now you need to set up your wireless name and password this is easy to do but as it was many moons ago since I setup my netgear as I no longer have adsl I will leave that to the other guys. You can always give netgear a call they are very helpful. Hope this helps, Cameron
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

the login default is always the same  - admin and password - then change the password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rumbles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Hi
My problem is that I cannot access the page 192 etc as my computer tells me it has no internet access.
I have looked at the network section on my laptop and it has recognised the wireless connection for the new modem and a "broadband connection". However under both logos is the phrase no internet connection. I have gone into the logos and tried to connect by giving the respective passwords but just keep being rejected by being told "error".
The network map has a picture of the PC followed by a picture of the modem/router but the line to the internet logo has a big red cross through it.
Maybe it is a setting on the computer rather than the N600?
0 Ratings
cameron1590
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 17

Hi Mate,

Okay the netgear needs you to input the details above to connect to the internet, you cant just plug and play unfortunately. You need to plug your laptop into the netgear via a ethernet cable they normal include one with routers once you are connected via wire to the router input the details above and it should reboot and connect up then you can connect via wireless but make sure you change your wireless password.

I think it might be worth you calling netgear as they can talk you through the process.

Regards

Cameron
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

you do not need internet access to get into the hub manager.  just connect the yellow ethernet cable from the router to the pc/laptop and you will get access to the router.  you can then check/change the settings as I have and others have suggested.  it should then connect to internet provided the rj11 modem cable is conencted to netgear and filter- but no hub should be connected

0 Ratings