cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 32

new channels 2015

come on bt when are we gona get a few extra channels? things appear to be getting stale not had anything new for ages

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 32

Re: new channels 2015

I would love if the channels Watch and Alibi was added to the extra TV catch up players on BT.

We would all love a few more channels to be added to the BT TV entertanment package. We will have to see if BT will make any improments to its TV service this year and hopfully before the winter months come back again.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 32

There will definitely be more channels before winter..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 32

I am fed up of waiting  for BT to fulfill their promises of more channels on their tv  set up.

We seem to have been waiting for ever, and I'm now fed up of just watching free view channels because nothing on their entertainment  package is of interest.

My contact is up for renewal shortly, and I will be moving elsewhere to another provider who offers more choice....and taking my phone and broadband business with me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 32

What promises have they made regarding new channels
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 32

The additional channels won't be anything special as there isn't much really over what is already available just a few additional filler channels (like the last UKTV channels but hardly a deal breaker). If you are talking about wanting sky's channels then maybe joining bt to watch them wasn't the best choice seeing as they are rival broadcasters. Also some channels are still behind a contracted paywall so they will be at the very least timed before bt could do anything.

Try telling us exactly which channels are a total make or break for you and maybe we can give some more info.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 32

Iam not fussed about sky channels such as sky one living etc, iam more interested in the likes of eden and the rest of the discovery channels, that would be a start

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 32

I think they could be a possibility but surely not a total make or break just a nice to have.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 32

The channels issue with BT and youview is slightly disappointing, as personally none of the entertainment channels did anything for me, and at £10 a month for the HD versions were poor value compared with netflix or NowTV ( I know the price has been reduced a bit now)

However if I were in charge of BTTV I don't know what I would do - they have copied the sky model by buying expensive football and offering sports channels, but sports don't appeal to all.  I can't see sky letting anyone else getting sky 1, atlantic etc as they are the main differential between sky and other providers for the non sports fan.

The biggest disappointment for me having tried freesat and youview is the lack of HD. A lot of viewers now have an HD TV, so it would be great to get  channel 5, E4, film 4 etc in HD - I'd happily pay extra for that, but for whatever reason extra HD channels seem no closer now than 3 or 4 years ago.  Perhaps Sky is the answer

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 32

HD channel option is £3, where did you get the £10 amount from?

NowTV isnt HD and barely SD, very poor and it costs £6.99 a month too.
0 Ratings