Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

new connection

hi

this is my first post has a new infinity customer, i went live friday 31.03 but my connection is unstable it varies from

0.5 to 38.5.

can anybody advise on the eratic speed.

regards

pugh

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: new connection

Are you testing the speed wired or wirelessly?

Wireless is not really stable enough to always provide accurate, consistent results.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Are you testing wireless or wired? You should always do speed tests with a wired connection.

Go to BT Speed Tester, run a test and come back and post your results.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

hi i run mainly wireless around the house but i connect directly to the hub for speed testing, the max speed is ok it's just very unstable.

regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

What site have you been using to test the speed? Have you ensured that no other devices/programs are using the internet at the time you're running the test?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Same here. Wired connection. Connects at 37meg and then after a random amount of time, drops to 0.58. I have to restart the hub/pc to resolve it. I have to restart about 20 times a day.

0 Ratings