cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

new ininfity 2 advice please

just had bt infinity 2 installed on Friday but the white open reach box keeps losing the lan 1 light, and the home hub disconnect the internet then I have to restart the open reach box.

is this normal and if i keep resetting the open reach white box will my speed start to fall as its doing it every day so far ?

thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: new ininfity 2 advice please

Doesn't sound normal to mrI have had Infinity for 3 weeks and have not noticed the symptoms you describe, may be worth contacting BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 9

LAN1 will only Flash when data is being transmitted, and if data is transmitting sounds like a faulty modem/hub. You will contact the moderators to get an engineer to visit and check.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

@ryant704 wrote:

You will contact the moderators to get an engineer to visit and check.

NO. You will need to contact 0800 111 4567 who can run tests to determine where the problem lies. Contacting the mods in the 1st instance will only clog up their workload and other customers who are having major issues will have to wait.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 9

@Devon_Dave wrote:

@ryant704 wrote:

NO. You will need to contact 0800 111 4567 who can run tests to determine where the problem lies. Contacting the mods in the 1st instance will only clog up their workload and other customers who are having major issues will have to wait.

They will not be able to detect a faulty modem/Homehub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

@ryant704 wrote:

@Devon_Dave wrote:

@ryant704 wrote:

Yes they can, all the mods will do is to contact the help desk on behalf of the customer. The Mods are not a technical helpdesk, they just have access to all parts of BT retail to raise issues.

If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 9

@Devon_Dave wrote:

@ryant704 wrote:

@Devon_Dave wrote:

@ryant704 wrote:

Yes they can, all the mods will do is to contact the help desk on behalf of the customer. The Mods are not a technical helpdesk, they just have access to all parts of BT retail to raise issues.

Also, the main parts of BT are awful at communicating and so are the moderators for that matter but are better than than general BT hence why I ask them contact the mods as it will relieve them of a little more stress.

You have different views, and I will bet 90% that it's due to a faulty filter, modem or HomeHub. They will not be able to detect faults with equipment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

@ryant704 wrote:

They will not be able to detect faults with equipment.

Sorry, my mistake must have all changed since I stopped working in the Broadband  Helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

well its been 24 hrs and the internet as stayed on so far thank goodness if it goes off again will phone bt and let them know thanks everyone for the advice 

0 Ratings