cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevebrett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

no dial tone on my phone

I'm having a problem with my phone.  I have no dial tone  on my BT phone.  I reported the fault 6 days ago and was told somebody should contact me within 24 hours.  I don't use a mobile so gave BT my email address.  So far I have heard nothing despite reminding about the fault twice.  Is that most users experience on reporting a fault?  Any advice to get an engineer to mend the fault would be gratefully received.

Steve Brett

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: no dial tone on my phone

If you would like to try Live Chat they may be able to help you.

Or you could look here for the progress report

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=2&s_cid=con_FURL_faults

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

have you tried the online help

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

is your fault still 'open'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stevebrett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Thank you for the help.  I was supposed to be contacted by the fault team but, as yet, no indication when they will send out an engineer.  So far I have been told on 3 occassions they should reply within 24 hours.  I'm puzzled why it is such a problem to give a date and a time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Its Openreach that deal with faults, and I would suspect that they are very busy during this "drought" Smiley Wink

If you still cannot make any progress then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they may be able to find out what is going on.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
stevebrett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

I think the most frustrating aspect is that one of my neighbours works for OpenReach and parks his van just about outside my house when he finishes work.   So near and yet so far it seems.  Thank you again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

The online fault checker should give you some idea what is going on. The problem is that sometimes Openreach do not provide updates to BT, so the fault checker shows the same.

You can claim money back if your fault is not repaired within the agreed timescale.

See Customer service guarantee

0 Ratings
stevebrett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Keith

The plot is thickening. 

I tracked the fault line from a computer in my local llibrary.  I had reported the fault on 8 June.  The report said that fault was closed.  I dashed home but there was still no dial tone.  Do they just close a fault and you have to start again? I have reported the fault is on going but it feels like I am going backwards.

steve brett

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Faults do get automatically closed in error by the system. You will have to report it again. When was it closed?

0 Ratings
stevebrett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Keith,

It was closed today precisely one week after I reported it.  I have reported it again and tracking the fault now says I have multiple faults but as far as I know nobody has been arould to examine the original fault.  I am now back to them saying they will contact me within 24 hours.  All I would like is somebody to say is when they can come and repair it.

0 Ratings