cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scootcat
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

no e mails

can somebody help please. ive got a problem with my e mails. one address on msn not getting any, now i find im not getting any in bt either get message temporary error 5. i tried the address that i usual use for my e mails which is the one i am having trouble with at msn. also tried my bt one and another no mails at all. i dont know what to do. when i looked my accounts they seem to have changed name. one time showed btinernet openworld next time showed yahoo  help somebody please. should i remove them all and redo ?i cant find out anything about temporay error 5 either

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: no e mails

@scootcat wrote:

can somebody help please. ive got a problem with my e mails. one address on msn not getting any, now i find im not getting any in bt either get message temporary error 5. i tried the address that i usual use for my e mails which is the one i am having trouble with at msn. also tried my bt one and another no mails at all. i dont know what to do. when i looked my accounts they seem to have changed name. one time showed btinernet openworld next time showed yahoo  help somebody please. should i remove them all and redo ?i cant find out anything about temporay error 5 either

Hi.

My apologies, but I can't quite work out what the exact problem is, so forgive me for making some guesses.

I assume that you are trying to use a browser to get your emails. If you've got access to another browser (e.g. Firefox, Google Chrome) give that a go.

When you say you looked at your accounts, how are you doing this ? Where are you seeing these ?

Are you logging out of the webmail system completely ?

0 Ratings
scootcat
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

they are the e mail accounts ive set up in bt. not getting mail from any 0f them. just tried sending one  from bt  mail it says sent. waiting on reply from friend see if they got it. i received one from friend using my bt e mail in hotmail, but nothing arrived in yahoo mail. i have  a problem at hotmail too not getting mail from the  e mail i always used. but getting from other e mail addresses. i dont know why im not getting my mail at yahoo.

0 Ratings
scootcat
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

ive just had mailer-daemon failure notice on that e mail i was trying to send. so that means it not sending mail either

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

A friend of mine had a problem sending from Outlook 2010 this afternoon. When I set his account up on Outlook 2010 on his wife's PC that didn't work either, yet his wife's email did. I think this proved the problem was with BT. Half an hour ago I experienced something similar with my incoming email but it's now OK. I will check my friend's email again tomorrow. He was persistently getting the Outlook window up that asks for the password to be checked. It was correct and every time he clicked on OK the same window re-opened.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@Helpful_Colin wrote:

A friend of mine had a problem sending from Outlook 2010 this afternoon. When I set his account up on Outlook 2010 on his wife's PC that didn't work either, yet his wife's email did. I think this proved the problem was with BT. Half an hour ago I experienced something similar with my incoming email but it's now OK. I will check my friend's email again tomorrow. He was persistently getting the Outlook window up that asks for the password to be checked. It was correct and every time he clicked on OK the same window re-opened.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

There have been server problems for a couple of months now, was quite bad for a few weeks, but has since improved greatly. I am see sporadic errors.

However in your case it could be one of those fleeting errors that seem to happen from time to time, and can last a few days.

0 Ratings