cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 30

Re: no fibre yet available and live right by cabinet

I hope so as just don't understand it otherwise after what the openreach engineers said and the BT engineer if. it no idea what to do as broadband is so slow can't do anything
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 30

using ipad and iphone still can't but it clearly shows differences between my number and neighbours numbers and we are all on same cabinet and as i said there are lines free
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 30

As I said, give it a few more days and if still the same post back.

What is likely the problem is that your DP (distribution point) information is likely wrong or missing. When that's the case, the default output for the Openreach checker is to say the line is too long.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 30

hope so many thanks and fingers crossed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 30

still nothing no change at all. Spoken to more people who are connected to cabinet 14 and live even further away than me to cabinet eventhough i'm only a few 100 metres from the Fibre enabled cabinet and they have no problem to order or have fibre. No change on openreach web still says line may be too long so really don't understand all this especially after being told by engineers putting line in that i'd get excellent speeds as so close to cabinet
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 30

Looks like you could do with moderator assistance.

They’ll ask Openreach to check the network records against that of your neighbours. I suspect your DP information is incorrect or missing from one of the databases.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 30

Ive no idea what the matter is but if i'm connected to a fibre enabled cabinet confirmed as being very close to my house by the engineers no idea how they've got it wrong, what do I have to do now to get help as BT said they couldn't do anything eventhough ive explained what their engineers said and the OR engineers who put the line in
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 30

on DSL checker the shows we are all connected to cabinet 14 fibre enabled but on my neighbours and all my road it shows FTTC clearly and talks about VDSL 1 and 2 and then in mine it's cabinet 14 shows the same as my neighbours but totally misses off all the info on too two rows re FTTC and VDSL 1 VDSL 2 and yet same cabinet and i'm nearer the cabinet
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 30

As @Webby has said, its a database error. Until that is corrected nothing can happen, classic case of 'the computer says no'.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 30

so basically I can't do anything ? I find that ridiculous how long will i have to wait for them to correct it ? Due to work I need the faster fibre and if BT won't do anything and you can't ring openreach what can be done ?
0 Ratings