cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

no incoming calls

hi i can call out and my broadband is fine but i cant recieve incomming calls ever since switching to bt from tesco. so far i have spoke to bt in india several times, met 2 engineers and have one more that is supposed to be currently working on my problem

i tested my internal wiring and equipment all the way up to plugging a new phone with a new cable into the test socket. an engineer came and said my fault was 500yrd's away at the green box and went off to fix it. i got a text saying it was all fixed but i still couldnt recieve calls so i rang india again and told them and they sent another engineer. he came and said there were no problems and he had checked everything, he believed that tesco still owned my incomming calls and that my service had not been handed over corectly and said he had rang someone to sort it for me. again i got a text saying everything was fixed but it was not so i rang india again and told them what the engineer had said about my service not being handed over and they told me they were sending another engineer.

i am at a loss and i dont really know why another engineer is being sent as the last one said nothing was wrong with anything he could fix and that he had checked everything and the first one said my internal wiring was fine

something else to note is that whilst i am logged into my bt if i go to the track a fault page it says there is no fault on this number i can only see the fault if i go to check another number or log out but if i look at the number associated with my account it is correct and if i ring 17070 it tells me the correct number.

the only other thing of importance is that tesco sold their broadband and homephone service to talk talk and my service was supposed to be switched to talk talk the same say as i switched to bt. i did make tesco aware that i did not want to switch to talk talk and that i was going with bt instead in advance though

any help would be aprieciated because i honestly dont want to have to talk to bt india again. they have all been very lovely but not very helpful and dont really seem to understand what i am telling them

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: no incoming calls

Welcome to the forum. I'm asking the moderators to have a look at this for you and they will post contact info here in the morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi jasminejo24,

Welcome to the community forum.

I does sound like something has gone wrong with the switch over of your line. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

hi i used the contact the mods link but havent heard anything back yet?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@jasminejo24 wrote:

hi i used the contact the mods link but havent heard anything back yet?

It usually takes a couple of days but they are particularly busy right now and it's likely to be around 5 days.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @jasminejo24,

I've had a look at our email queue and can see we have received your details. There are a few cases a head of you in the queue and we will reply as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings