cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt82
Message 1 of 6

no phoneline or broadband....what can I do

Hi my phoneline and bb have been down from 30th of december i have called bt about it everyday to get an openreach guy to come sooner than the 9th January 2013. I fine this time slot not good enough. Have tested both sockets coming into house both dead. Bb light on hub is out. Wireless/power still on. Is there anything i can do to try and see if i can fix it myself. I have called bt again today...they said they would speak to openreach to see if they can fit me in sooner but i dout it very much.

Many Thanks
Matt

Happy New Year All.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: no phoneline or broadband....what can I do

If you have tried the self help on this page

Fixing phone faults

and your phone is still not working, then you will just have to wait.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach have a backlog of work, so installation and repairs are taking much longer than normal.

The holiday period would have delayed things as well.

0 Ratings
matt82
Message 3 of 6

I no...still isnt good enough its thanks to a thunder storm that phone and bb is out. It also blow my graphics card in my pc. So im very annoyed right now couldnt of happened at a worse time. pc wasnt even on at the time!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all post are read.

This link may help.

Customer service guarantee

0 Ratings
brazenscroll
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Ouch. You say the PC also has a fault after a thunderstorm? Sounds like a lightning strike to me. If your phone is out, there could be much more damage at the exchange we dont know about. Good luck and hope the wait is not too long.

0 Ratings
suzz69uk
Message 6 of 6

same issue mine has been down since 17th December... still awaiting a fix/solution.
0 Ratings